Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Which is harder: Playing a chess master or solving a rubik's cube


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #61

    ClavierCavalier

    Carlsen might see them as equals.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #62

    MoonlessNight

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #63

    ClavierCavalier

    nate23 wrote:
     

    I think that also works against chess masters, unless they double as a kung fu master.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #64

    Akatsuki64

    Actually, I think solving a rubik's cube might be easier, if you think about it.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #65

    LarEe91

    there's a competition called speedcubing, how fast can you solve a rubik's cube.

    however, there's no competition about how fast can you beat a GM Undecided

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #66

    ClavierCavalier

    LarEe91 wrote:

    there's a competition called speedcubing, how fast can you solve a rubik's cube.

    however, there's no competition about how fast can you beat a GM

    They have blitz tournaments.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #67

    MaartenSmit

    That probably indicates that solving a cube is easier.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #68

    koala8

    Kingpatzer wrote:

    Rubik's cube can be solved from any position by following a simple algorithm. Once you know the algorithm, it's merely a matter of applying it. 

    The same is not true of beating a chess master. 

    algorithms there are more than one

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #69

    browni3141

    Kingpatzer wrote:

    Rubik's cube can be solved from any position by following a simple algorithm. Once you know the algorithm, it's merely a matter of applying it. 

    The same is not true of beating a chess master. 

    Tell that to Rybka.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #70

    AndyClifton

    ClavierCavalier wrote:
    nate23 wrote:
     

    I think that also works against chess masters, unless they double as a kung fu master.

    At last I got a laugh out of this stupid thread. Smile

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #71

    Cokelover

    Whats harder rubiks cube blindfolded or 1 handed

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #72

    MaartenSmit

    Are you serious?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #73

    Cokelover

    yea

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #74

    AndyClifton

    A serious cokelover.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #75

    Cokelover

    yea

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #76

    MaartenSmit

    Okay, give me one good reason why one-handed solving should be harder than two-handed solving. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #77

    konhidras

    You two appeared "so-in" to each other.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #78

    AndyClifton

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #79

    ClavierCavalier

    MaartenSmit wrote:

    Okay, give me one good reason why one-handed solving should be harder than two-handed solving. 

    I think it sounds much more physically challenging.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #80

    koala8

    I'm sorry, I see some people have hated this thread this is one of my rarer forums I often talk about something chess. I guess I thought people would get a kick out of it


Back to Top

Post your reply: