Your Games Analzyed with Women's Grandmaster Tatev Abrahamyan is LIVE on Chess.com/TV Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Which is harder: Playing a chess master or solving a rubik's cube

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

koala8

which do you think is harder? Facing a chess master (like Bobby Fisher, Kasparov, Karpov, etc) or facing the eight wonder of the world, the rubik's cube.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

FirebrandX

If you know the patterns, the cube is by far easier. It doesn't take years to learn them either like chess does.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

koala8

yeah I know how to solve one this is just a forum

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

BorgQueen

Yeah, you can master the cube in a day.  Mastering chess is impossible for some and takes years of study and practice for anyone who can.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

Matthew11

Playing a chess master is so easy anyone can do it, I think you mean beating a chess master.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

MoonlessNight

playing a master, but you can't master the rubix cube in a day, it takes about a week.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

koala8

matthew you know what I meant

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

Sunshiny

You can look up the answer to solving a Rubik's Cube, and have it done in a day. I don't doubt the answer can also be memorized in a day too. I know it didn't take me long when i found answers that i could understand.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #9

lukewang623

koala8 wrote:

matthew you know what I meant

What do you mean?

Wah, wah, wah!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

Kens_Mom

Yeah, a 3x3 cube can be mastered in a day or two, far easier than beating a master level chess player.  Something like a 5x5 cube or blindfold cubing within a time limit could be a contender though.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #11

AndyClifton

Well, I've played lots of masters...but I've never solved the Rubik's cuke.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #12

MaartenSmit

I learned how to solve the cube in half an hour. You can learn the rules of chess probably a little faster than that. Going by that, playing a master is easier.

Seriously though, it's a ridiculous comparison.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #13

koala8

if you know how to solve one you may understand this

• F U Li Ui
    • Ri Di R D
    • Ui Li U L U F Ui Fi
    • U R Ui Ri Ui Fi U F
    • F R U Ri Ui Fi
    • R U Ri U R U U Ri
    • U R Ui Li U Ri Ui L
    • Ri Di R D
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #14

MaartenSmit

Worst notation ever. Counterclockwise moves should be notated with an apostrophe, double turns with a 2. I guess you used that 'pogobat' guy's tutorial on youtube..?

[/offtopic]

• 2 years ago · Quote · #15

AndyClifton

Hey, same to you, koala! Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #16

koala8

sorry I guess I wanted to keep people in mystery, can't fool you and sorry for the notation I was just abbrieviating I thought this would make more sense to people

• 2 years ago · Quote · #17

oneawesomeperson123

How DO you solve a rubix cube exactly?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #18

koala8

it's difficult to explain in chat go to youtube I'm sure they have tons of videos

• 2 years ago · Quote · #19

AndyClifton

I've heard pogobat is good.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #20

chessmaster102

BorgQueen wrote:

Yeah, you can master the cube in a day.  Mastering chess is impossible for some and takes years of study and practice for anyone who can.

It's funny I have met a lot of chessmasters but non who have mastered chess!~Tarrasch

Post your reply: