Forums

Analise and opinion about quality of this (my) game

Sort:
Neslanovac

I never studied  this one becouse I was afraid to find to many mistakes in it, since it felt nice (to this day) to fell that after 21 ...Ng5 white has nothing to save the game but he does not see it yet. So ,please, be serious , or dont write anything.

Scottrf

2... Nc6 isn't recommended because you don't want to block your c pawn in queens pawn games, and I would probably recapture with the pawn on 14 to get better central control. You'd have also been able to support your knight with this, not the f pawn which opens your king and makes the e pawn a backwards pawn, and a weakness.

EDIT: Just seen Nc6 is a legitimate opening, so you can probably disregard that.

Neslanovac

Well,as you said 2...Nc6 isnt the best but is playable. The point of 16...f5 was exactly the idea that showed in the game. In excange of the nights on g6 the R would get there.

Shakaali
Neslanovac kirjoitti:

I never studied  this one becouse I was afraid to find to many mistakes in it, since it felt nice (to this day) to fell that after 21 ...Ng5 white has nothing to save the game but he does not see it yet. So ,please, be serious , or dont write anything.

Why? What's black threatening? It seems to me white should be much better.

White could try eg. 22. f4 Ne4 23. Na7. I'm pretty sure there are other ways as well.

Even after 22. Na7 Nxe5 it also deserves consideration to try 23. f4!? Haven't looked this in detail but it wouldn't suprise me if white were still on top.

Finally, after 23. dxe5 Nf3+! white should try 24. gxf3 when black at least has a draw with 24... Rg6+ 25. Kh2 Bxf3 26. exd6 Rg2+ but is there more?

After Kh1 white is lost.

InfernalBishop

I'll put my analysis of this game. I am not a good player, I put my opinions based on my limited knowledge. At the end, I revised my analysis with Fritz to correct possible mistakes in my analysis.

Neslanovac

So,he did have an escape. The best for me was perp.check.

InfernalBishop

It helped you my analysis, Neslanovac?

Neslanovac

Yes it did,thank you. It shows that its a lousy game.