Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

any help on this position?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

EliasAStern

white resigned here.  what should my next move have been?  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

utarefson

h3 i think.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

EliasAStern

its black to move. what do you reccomend? Nf2 looks dangerous because of the discovered check but i dont know that there is a nice square for the knight to move to afterwards. any thoughts?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

trysts

Nf2 looks like a good move(as you said). 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

zoom2me

although winning, black does not seem to have a immediate win here.

as white I would not resign at this point.. (coz everybody makes inaccurate moves) and the game can be equalized and may be own as white... (given we are not taking at IM/GM level...)

with another 5 min control, computer-vs-computer leads to a very boring end game

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

zoom2me

EliasAStern wrote:

its black to move. what do you reccomend? Nf2 looks dangerous because of the discovered check but i dont know that there is a nice square for the knight to move to afterwards. any thoughts?

Can you correct the original post diagram (it says White to Move) which is not correct as per your question..

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

waffllemaster

Bg1 for black is a cute move... that doesn't quite work ;)

I'd go for restriction play, e3 with Re8 and Rc8 (or d8 maybe) and white is just really far behind with nothing useful to do... can't trade his bishop, can't develop his queenside.

If black wants to be active maybe Re8-e6 hitting both c6 and preparing Rh6 with a definite attack.  But black doen't really have to do anything, just bring his pieces out because white can't reciprocate.

Also the passer can be dangerous :p

Something like this:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

satxusa

...Qh5 or ........  .. e3 first then .. Qh5 has some nasty lines but, with correct play white can defend checkmate.  That's my guess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #9

EliasAStern

thanks for the feedback you guys. @zoomtome which computer program did you use? do you know how i can get it?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

zoom2me

I use fritz and crafty...

u can google them to get a download link

i like crafty on my 6 core dsktp (its opensource too)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #11

garryk60

I agree that if he goes NF2 it looks dangerous.....but this does not get job done and is really not as agressive as it looks

Post your reply: