Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aronian v Nakamura. Great game.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

JG27Pyth

Aronian vs Carlsen is a world championship match I expect to see someday, and the main question is who will be defending the title. This game, hot-off-the-tata-steel press, shows Aronian in deadly form. I give the game without any commentary -- Naka plays a Dutch Defense Leningrad variation (g6) -- the game turns on Aronian's brilliant mid-game asymmetry... 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

trysts

Amazing game!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

juanchito75

40...Qa4 was the blunder!  Naka needed keep the pressure on the f2 pawn for a draw.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

chessmaster102

average duaration of games for amatures below 1000  -25 average amatures above 1000 30 non IM/GM 40 IM/GM 45 Elite (2700) 50+ thats what I've noticed over the years.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

JG27Pyth

juanchito75 wrote:

40...Qa4 was the blunder!  Naka needed keep the pressure on the f2 pawn for a draw.

Did Naka think all he can play for from there is a draw?  Houdini called the game level. And after Qa4 it gives Aronian less than half a pawn. Hard to call Qa4 a decisive blunder.  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

kwaloffer

I doubt we'll see Carlsen in a world championship match, since he believes the world championship should be decided in a tournament.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

JG27Pyth

JG27Pyth wrote:

I give the game without any commentary -- Naka plays a Dutch Defense Leningrad variation (g6) -- the game turns on Aronian's brilliant mid-game asymmetry... 

Well -- what looked to me like Aronian's: "brilliant mid-game asymmetry," the Queen for R+B exchange -- turns out according to Lev's post-game statements to have been him playing rather dubiously -- this takes a little of the luster off the sac, but it certainly speaks well of his fighting spirit and creativity to turn it into a win!  

Post your reply: