Forums

Blown Endgame

Sort:
TheArtofWar82

I just played this game and although I'm extremely tired from work and lack of sleep - it's not an excuse.  I somehow managed to blow this endgame and throw away a game I should have won.  

I'm doing some analysis of it right now but I would appreciate any feedback you can give me on how I should have played this differently.

My perspective: A player with 0 USCF games played yet (changing soon) and less than a full year of experience online. 

The time controls were 30/0.

Thanks

CaptainPike

At barely over 1200, my humble opinions are quite humble ...

In short, I would suggest that you were focused so much on offense, you forgot about defense; focused so much on what you could do to your opponent that you forgot to consider what your opponent could do to you.

I do it all the time ...

F0T0T0

My analysis
TheArtofWar82

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  

Yeah I was in time trouble, too.  I did get into a tactical mess at the end there but I was trying to just do something to win a piece back.  

Remellion

28. Bxc7 wins the exchange; 28. Bxc7 Rxe4 29. Rxe4 Rxc7 30. Re8+ Nf8 and I'm enjoying white.

In general when your opponent counterattacks when his piece is hanging, 50% of the time it's a bad idea which loses stuff. Like here. Always calculate it out.

mattyf9

This wasn't a blown endgame.  You just blundered.

mattyf9

You had some chances to get a really clear advantage out of the opening.