Forums

Can white defend from the mate ?

Sort:
AgressiveAttack

Wanted to edit and deleted by missclick:) Anyway it was solved, thanks to everyone.

Tjornan

If I'm not mistaked, f3 saves the day for white temporarily. He will, of course, die another day because he is down so much material.

AgressiveAttack
Tjornan wrote:

If I'm not mistaked, f3 saves the day for white temporarily. He will, of course, die another day because he is down so much material.

Qa8 #

Pre_VizsIa

Not mate because the f3 pawn blocks the bishop's attack. However after 1. f3 Bxf3 I think mate is still inevitable.

Tjornan
AgressiveAttack wrote:
Tjornan wrote:

Qa8 #

Ke2 avoids mate for the moment. White should mate soonafter however, although the continuation is probably extremely difficult to spot (I certainly can't find it.)

AgressiveAttack
Tjornan wrote:
AgressiveAttack wrote:
Tjornan wrote:

Qa8 #

Ke2 avoids mate for the moment. White should mate soonafter however, although the continuation is probably extremely difficult to spot (I certainly can't find it.)

Yep my mistake, Bxf3 and the situation is pretty much the same.

Tjornan

No not yet. e5 and the queen is forced to move and blocked from a8. Black will gather considerable material from that point forward, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if White is forced to sac a piece or maybe even the queen to prevent mate. 

AgressiveAttack
Tjornan wrote:

No not yet. e5 and the queen is forced to move and blocked from a8. Black will gather considerable material from that point forward, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if White is forced to sac a piece or maybe even the queen to prevent mate. 

And you are right again:) I think you have just solved my life-chessproblem:)

k-scope
AgressiveAttack wrote:
Tjornan wrote:

And you are right again:) I think you have just solved my life-chessproblem:)

after e5 its just Qxf2#

Tjornan

How can the queen take f2 when the bishop is blocking its path? If you don't take with the bishop, then the pawn is blocking the path. 

We weren't referencing e5 immediately. The line was f3 Bxf3 e5

blueemu

1. f3 Qxa1+. Not mate, but still an easy win.