Forums

Chekmating.

Sort:
Rafchess

My game with opponentJat72 ended with a declaration of chek mating, This was a obvious fallacy !! My King was protected by his powerful Queen supported by a Rook. These type of practice needs clarification. My opponent  was much behind time also.

juhweri

Where's the game?

Rafchess

Thank you for your kind notice of the game. Actually The King was under cover of  a pawn.You are correct to note that after the fall of the pawn, the King could be under direct attack but the immediate defence was the Queen posted by the immediate ieft court and was ready for immediate mobilisation for counter attack on the opponent Queen !! I think there could be a valid move for the defence.

Your further comment may be helpful for me and I wecome it. Wiish you a happy New Year .

goldendog

Everyone here will tell you Qb8 is mate--game over.

Google the rules to dispell any doubt and good luck in the future.

Rafchess
juhweri wrote:

Where's the game?

Dear Juhweri, Woul you please look my explanatory reply to Mr,Paulgottieb of Nj.   thank you for interest in the game.and I shall be glad to receive your further comments,if any. Wish you a  Happy New year.

Rafchess
goldendog wrote:

Everyone here will tell you Qb8 is mate--game over.

Google the rules to dispell any doubt and good luck in the future.

Thank you dear Goldendog for your comments. Wish you a Happy New  Year.

Velocity111

The game ends once the king is taken.

Yes, your king is "protected" by your queen and your rook. I.e., if his queen takes your king, your rook or your queen can take back. But, just so you know, once your king is taken, the game is done. In that position, there is no way for you to stop him from taking your king with his queen on the next turn. You can't move your king away, you can't block the attack, you can't take his queen. As such, the game is over.

juhweri
Rafchess wrote:
juhweri wrote:

Where's the game?

Dear Juhweri, Woul you please look my explanatory reply to Mr,Paulgottieb of Nj.   thank you for interest in the game.and I shall be glad to receive your further comments,if any. Wish you a  Happy New year.

Usually people post at least DIAGRAMS of the positions they need help with. That could offer much better answers, seeing the position.