Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess Analysis (5)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

SMCB1997

Hi guys, I just signed up on FICS and just played my second game on it.

Very interesting game, Time control was 15 min. I'd like to know how I could have improved and what I could have done better, etc.

Thanks all

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

keeganomahoney

I don't think h6 was a good move as it gives him a weakness to attack arounad your king, maybe a computer could play it but it is very difficult for humans to defend 100% accurately and practically I don't think it was a good decision even if computers say it's sound. Letting his knight into f5 was also bad and I'm not sure Bxd4 was good either. I'm not sure that your exchange sac really worked out too well but maybe 25.Rad8 would have been better and if Rd1 then Bxe4 seems to be good and win material.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

SMCB1997

keeganomahoney wrote:

I don't think h6 was a good move as it gives him a weakness to attack arounad your king, maybe a computer could play it but it is very difficult for humans to defend 100% accurately and practically I don't think it was a good decision even if computers say it's sound. Letting his knight into f5 was also bad and I'm not sure Bxd4 was good either. I'm not sure that your exchange sac really worked out too well but maybe 25.Rad8 would have been better and if Rd1 then Bxe4 seems to be good and win material.

h6 probably wasnt good, but I played it without thinking as I thought I'd win the bishop pair immediately, but saw the possible sacks that he could make. 

I missed the Rad8 move, pretty annoyed with myself, but thanks for posting.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

SMCB1997

paulgottlieb wrote:

A sharp, interesting Sicilian. An interesting counterattacking idea for you on move 15 was 15...Qb6!? 16.Nc3 Rxc3 17.bxc3 Rc8. Followed possibly by Qc7. Give it a look.

ALso, in your analysis of White's possible 17.Qh3! Remember that Black isn't obligated to play the cooperative 17...hxg5? 17...Qb6 looks better

20...e5 was probably a mistake. It's usually pretty bad news for Black when the White Knight can get to f5.  Perhaps 20...Nxd3 was more stubborn.

You had an interesting combinative possibility on move 22: 22...Qxc2+! 23.Qxc2 Rxc2 24.Kxc2 Bxe4+ 25.Kd2 Bxf5. You get 2 pawns for the exchange, and although I think you're worse in this position, you are alive.

This was a very lively, enjoyable game

The Qb6 idea was pretty interesting, as black would get some counterplay.

Yes, hxg5 isnt forced or anything,  I was just making a point on why white played Qh3.

Agreed, e5 was bad, as I overlooked the Nf5 :)

22.Qxc2! was definetly interesting and I gave a bit of analysis to it. Thanks a lot for posting. Smile

Post your reply: