Forums

Comedy of mistakes in Poisoned Pawn French

Sort:
Spektrowski

batgirl

This is live chess, but no time controls are given.  However, it amazes me how, in non-blitz time controls, players (myself included) can make deep moves that account for most replies and complications and even gain a winning advantage, but then miss the most obvious moves or make moves that miss the most obvious responses and throw away that advantage in a heartbeat. Maybe one of the biggest differences between levels of play in consistency.

Morris_W3

Reminds me of me before I hired my team of strategic advisors (aka "army of hopefuls")

Spektrowski

Time control is 5 minutes.

batgirl

Well, then mistakes are expected.  A very good blitz game.

Yereslov
batgirl wrote:

This is live chess, but no time controls are given.  However, it amazes me how, in non-blitz time controls, players (myself included) can make deep moves that account for most replies and complications and even gain a winning advantage, but then miss the most obvious moves or make moves that miss the most obvious responses and throw away that advantage in a heartbeat. Maybe one of the biggest differences between levels of play in consistency.

I despise blitz with a passion.

I played at the Marshall Chess Club and had five pawns and a queen against my opponents king. I had ten seconds to mate and lost on time.

Then he made some comment like: "Oh, I must be the better player because I won this game."

Freaking smug bastard!

I thrashed the guy in two games, and then he acts like he's God in the last one.

When chess is nothing but a race, it's not worth playing.

It's similar also to that time I played where my opponent sacrificed all his major pieces to save a few seconds so I would lose on time. 

It worked. He won the race, but had a losing position. At least he could justify himself on winning.

Yereslov
Spektrowski wrote:

Time control is 5 minutes.

Five minutes isn't too bad on the internet. It's almost impossible for me in the physical world.

Morris_W3

@ Yereslov: just consider the source and move on.

Yereslov
mfw019 wrote:

@ Yereslov: just consider the source and move on.

Don't try to mock me. This thread can be about anything.

You must new on forums.