11977 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Before the game
1. Warm up before the game E.G 10-15 simple tactical puzzles, visualization (openings/games that I have won.
2. Focus on chess during the game and before the game, everything else can wait till after the game.
3. Avoid tactical opening when you opponent is better prepared I can tell this because he moves quickly, he uses different variations/openings.
4. Keep track off my opponents plans, think about opponents plans before mine.
5. Anti blunder check, ask myself what attacking and forcing moves can my opponent play, especially when on opponents side of the bored.
6. Grasp the initiative. A defender blunders more often then an attacker, in certain positions you should strive for activity not material.
7. When short of time, simplify the position, avoid tactical implications.
8. Solve tactical puzzles from the other side off the bored, means that I am able to find my opponents threats.
Hmm, I believe I already read this somewhere in youtube...
Thanks those are helpful pointers. I'm currently suffering from a bad case of blunderitus.
And.......? I think u have to play the game no matter how u prepare. Your opponent will prepare his way and the game will give each it's own set of problems. Your method seems good, Thks.
What is you favorite chess anecdote?
by Robert0905 a few minutes ago
Bizarre Two Knights Line
by batgirl a few minutes ago
How many distinct chess games are possible, and which is the longest?
by SeanEnglish 5 minutes ago
who do you think is the best chess player
by RiyalNoxDescent 5 minutes ago
The Quintessential Center
by Mysound 8 minutes ago
12/21/2014 - Mate in 2
by TheBish 9 minutes ago
Isnt Premoving Cheating?
by besttrollhere 12 minutes ago
Christmas Chess Pieces and Board
by Clay_Mation 13 minutes ago
Which openings do you recommend for a 5|0 blitz OTB tournament?
by DrSpudnik 16 minutes ago
If You Could Fix One Thing On Chess.com, What Would It Be?
by HessianWarrior 19 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2014 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!