Forums

Foreplay Feature.

Sort:
Naakija

I have many times thought, it would be very convenient, if Analyze Board had the Foreplay-feature. There We could give away the move turn to reveal opponent´s threaths and so find better defensive moves to keep Our games more exciting.

What do You think ???

Scottrf

I think if you need to use the analysis board it wont help your visualisation in OTB play.

SuperCourgette

I beg to differ Scottrf.

One thing I am missing: the notes are only text, you can't save your analysis in view of future moves in a diagram.

Naakija

In my case it makes it better.   Undecided

And I am sure there are many others whose blindness AB has cured.

Naakija

Maybe the comments could be personal till the end of games, just like @ VC. Then diagramming would be possible, ZM.

Scottrf

You can't play out your moves on the board in a game, so how would it help you being able to do it online?

It just means you wont be as well trained to play out combinations in your head.

Naakija

Finding a "good move" in depth 1 is the whole different thing as d* 8-10. Smile

Scottrf

Fair enough, I suppose you're right in that you can play to a higher standard then under normal time controls. I just think it helps to make the calculations in your head, but then you're a better player than me (at the moment Wink).

baddogno

Bummer.  Thought this thread was going to be about chess and sex.

CerebralAssassin
baddogno wrote:

Bummer.  Thought this thread was going to be about chess and sex.

me too.this wasn't my idea of foreplaySealed

Naakija

Oh dear !  Maybe the headline got too sexy.   Undecided

DeepGreene
LauriAikio wrote:

I have many times thought, it would be very convenient, if Analyze Board had the Foreplay-feature. There We could give away the move turn to reveal opponent´s threaths and so find better defensive moves to keep Our games more exciting.

What do You think ???

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion... You want to just play out moves on the analysis board without regard to whose turn it is in real life, is that right? Have you tried unchecking the "Legal Moves" box?

Naakija

No I have not. I´ll try right away. Thx, Staff Person Greene.   Laughing

Naakija

IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM !!!   Surprised   Cool

FEN: 
 Legal Moves
DeepGreene

:) Great!

Be careful though - it won't stop you moving a pinned piece, etc., as the board will do when this box is checked.

Actually, I've always been a little uncomfortable with this legal-move-enforcement feature during analysis. Seems just a little *too* helpful. Anyway, bygones... :)

Naakija

The legal-move option is very helpful for those who are learning the castling in Chess 960. Do not ever change it !!!   Smile

DeepGreene
LauriAikio wrote:

The legal-move option is very helpful for those who are learning the castling in Chess 960. Do not ever change it !!!   

No worries. ;)

Naakija

But it could be without that "V", when a player opens the Analyze Board-option ?!   Undecided