Forums

How'd I do?

Sort:
mprhchess

Here is a game I played.  Any feedback on it would be appreciated.  

http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=30045894

WaterAlch

aggressive, ambitious, and good sighting on the partially smothered mate. :)

rashidarvioreyhan

I'm curious about your game and would love to hear your thought process, I'm a total amateur so please bear with me:

Move 3 - Nc3 gives you the possibility of getting pinned down by his bishop Bb4, I understand you're developing a piece and lending support to the center squares, but is that really the best move?  What about a3 first to prevent this pin?  Was Nc3 even really necessary?  Isn't his reply fairly obviously and going to leave you in that situation?

Other than that, looks great.

jwhitesj
rashidarvioreyhan wrote:

I'm curious about your game and would love to hear your thought process, I'm a total amateur so please bear with me:

Move 3 - Nc3 gives you the possibility of getting pinned down by his bishop Bb4, I understand you're developing a piece and lending support to the center squares, but is that really the best move?  What about a3 first to prevent this pin?  Was Nc3 even really necessary?  Isn't his reply fairly obviously and going to leave you in that situation?

Other than that, looks great.

Moving pawns in the opening is generally bad.  Moving pieces is good.  Their is no need to worry about the bishop pinning your knight this early a game.  Sure it will need to be dealt with eventually somehow, but this early in the game it's not important to concernt yourself with a a pin like that.  Just make sure your pieces stay protected, gain space, develope your whole army out, and don't make unnecesary pawn moves are the mantra for the openings.

julian8x8

Thanks for the advise.

Smile

mprhchess
paulgottlieb wrote:

Nice finish, but you were lucky here. I think 15.Ne4 was much stronger than 15.Qe4. If Black had played 15...Bc6! Your advantage would have been much less.

But you really dodged a bullet at move 22. Your 22.Ne4? was a disaster. After 22...Bb4+ you can safely resign

Yes, I realized that was a blunder.  I got lucky!