Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

I (1105) draw against a 1901 player!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

InexperiencedExpert

To be perfectly honest he was very short on time near the end, but really that's no excuse if you're rated 796 points higher.

My question is: do you think the draw happened because I was playing very well for an 1105 player, or because my opponent was playing terribly for a 1901 player? I wouldn't know, as this is the first time I ever played someone with such a high rating.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

EliasAStern

you played really well congrats

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

JG27Pyth

i think you played way over your rating. Great job. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

LazyChessPlayer3201

I think you are underated and he is over rated. I'll estimate the rating to be you 1589 and him 1654. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

InexperiencedExpert

Thanks LazyChessPlayer for annotating that for me. I don't really know how to work with the diagram maker that well

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

ChessisGood

Both, actually. You played quite well, but he did not perform at 1900 level either. However, "trading to reach an endgame" is a terrible idea. Only trade if it benefits your position.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

silentiarius

I think that your opponent wanted to win with minimum effort. His opening/early middlegame looks like that. When he realised that none of the hoped-for blunders were coming the position was already too advanced for promising winning efforts.

This was certainly played by you much above a 1100 level, well done!

Post your reply: