Forums

I won..BUT....

Sort:
erikido23

Seemed like my position was simply better after the positional shot r-c6.  Any ideas on how to refute this?  ANy comments on the rest of the game appreciated as well

vincenthuang75025

i dont get why he resigned...

k-scope
bigegg1000 wrote:

i dont get why he resigned...

after black moves the B white plays Re8+.

erikido23

btw...21..n-c522 d6 and white just has to be winning...

erikido23

Wow, been analysing that position after d6 and black just barely seems to hold on amazingly.  Off to do some analyzing

erikido23

I think I found a win....find it yourself:P

Irontiger

3.b4 (?) doesn't look right. It's worse than b3 as you weaken your pawn for nothing, and I wouldn't even agree with b3 because double-fianchettoing means your leave your opponent occupy the center.

9.a4 ? isn't really an attack. Better to keep some ground in the center with 9.c4. (your following 11.e4 blocks the bishop).

19.Rc6 ? (and the previous moves that prepare it) is a bad idea : after the two next moves, ok, you have a passed protected pawn, but after ...Qb4 the queenside pawns will fall like autumn leaves, and your bishop b2 is blocked by the center pawns. I doubt that you really have enough compensation for the exchange.

21.bxc6 ? is a mistake : you will never control d6 enough to push a pawn here. Better dxc6 and at least the combination Bg2 + passed protected pawn on c6 gives Black a few problems.

Of course 22...Qb4 ?? gives a piece, so that's a mistake, but ...Nf6 instead gives you trouble to defend your pawns.

26.Nxe5 ?? gives a piece. Did you just forgot about the bishop ? Better Re1, and if ...f6 (the only way to defend the pawn) then Bh3 defends d7, otherwise if ...Rxd7 Nxe5 and the minor pieces will rule the endgame : if Black trades his bishop vs. the knight then d4 is weak, and otherwise the knight will sit on c4.

waffllemaster

Dynamic position.  I don't think it's bad, but I'm not sure it's good either :)  But I don't see a better suggestion, so maybe it's the right move.

Have to look at whether your remaining pieces are useful enough.  I think you have enough activity, and the protected passer (if he takes with bishop right away) ties him up a bit.

Plenty of blunders afterwards though heh :)  He gives up a piece, you give up a piece.

waffllemaster
erikido23 wrote:

For which side?  lol Smile

erikido23
Irontiger wrote:

3.b4 (?) doesn't look right. It's worse than b3 as you weaken your pawn for nothing, and I wouldn't even agree with b3 because double-fianchettoing means your leave your opponent occupy the center.

9.a4 ? isn't really an attack. Better to keep some ground in the center with 9.c4. (your following 11.e4 blocks the bishop).

19.Rc6 ? (and the previous moves that prepare it) is a bad idea : after the two next moves, ok, you have a passed protected pawn, but after ...Qb4 the queenside pawns will fall like autumn leaves, and your bishop b2 is blocked by the center pawns. I doubt that you really have enough compensation for the exchange.

21.bxc6 ? is a mistake : you will never control d6 enough to push a pawn here. Better dxc6 and at least the combination Bg2 + passed protected pawn on c6 gives Black a few problems.

Of course 22...Qb4 ?? gives a piece, so that's a mistake, but ...Nf6 instead gives you trouble to defend your pawns.

26.Nxe5 ?? gives a piece. Did you just forgot about the bishop ? Better Re1, and if ...f6 (the only way to defend the pawn) then Bh3 defends d7, otherwise if ...Rxd7 Nxe5 and the minor pieces will rule the endgame : if Black trades his bishop vs. the knight then d4 is weak, and otherwise the knight will sit on c4.

Yes a4 wasn't an attack.  I didn't call it that.  I played it to secure the c4 square for the knight as playing c4 takes away the best square for the knight(probing those d6/e5 squares).  

I don't know what you mean bxc6 is a mistake....it attacks the knight so I don't see how q-b4 wins the pawns(even though those pawns have nothing to do with the position-while my advanced pawn pair has everything to do with it..)  N-f6  is responded by n-d2 (with the idea of n-c4 )when suddenly the white queen doesn't look so happy...that d6 push IS happening and white should be better(oops....forgot about that c3 square somehow...have to look at it again later after I sleep)

26..ne5...Did you not pay attention in the game?  The bishop taking seems to be a losing move.  I gain the open file for the rook to come down and help with a queen.

If you can give a specific variation that refutes it I would be interested.

r-a2 and simply r-e1 when white will be queening in time 

erikido23
waffllemaster wrote:
erikido23 wrote:

For which side?  lol

White, after n-c5 being responded by d6 for white

Iamshreyshrey

he could of checked him

johnyoudell

What happens after 19.Bxc6 then 20.Nc5?

eddysallin
erikido23 wrote:

Wow, been analysing that position after d6 and black just barely seems to hold on amazingly.  Off to do some analyzing

b. moves and white rook checks.....

Irontiger
erikido23 wrote:

Yes a4 wasn't an attack.  I didn't call it that.  I played it to secure the c4 square for the knight as playing c4 takes away the best square for the knight(probing those d6/e5 squares).  

I don't know what you mean bxc6 is a mistake....it attacks the knight so I don't see how q-b4 wins the pawns(even though those pawns have nothing to do with the position-while my advanced pawn pair has everything to do with it..)  N-f6  is responded by n-d2 (with the idea of n-c4 )when suddenly the white queen doesn't look so happy...that d6 push IS happening and white should be better(oops....forgot about that c3 square somehow...have to look at it again later after I sleep)

26..ne5...Did you not pay attention in the game?  The bishop taking seems to be a losing move.  I gain the open file for the rook to come down and help with a queen.

If you can give a specific variation that refutes it I would be interested.

r-a2 and simply r-e1 when white will be queening in time 

9.a4 does not 'secure' the c4 square. It does not prevent ...d5, and even if it did, the energy you put to place the knight here isn't really worth it (the c4 square is not so great for the knight - you have absolutely nothing to attack d6 and e5).

And 21.dxc6 (?) Nf6 followed by 22...Rae8 seems to kill the d pawn (maybe with ...e4 to cut the bishop from the defense), doesn't it ? I admit I didn't fully check the line.

As for a defense after 26...Bxe5, 28...Kg7 (instead of 28...f6 ? that loses on the spot) looks good (hte bishop is defended !), with the idea ...Be5xd6-c7. Black will probably have to give back the exchange or even the bishop, but at least it's playable, whereas after 26.Re1 the position collapses very fast for Black.