Forums

IHSA State Meet Round 6

Sort:
jphillips

Here is round number 6.  This was my fastest game yet; I think I was the first one finished in the entire room here too like round 3.  After the game we went out of the room and took a look at it.  We found out that he actually would have won if he had played correctly.

My first win with white.

shepi13

I believe 3...Nf6 is a blunder. I don't believe the sacrifice Nxf7 works well here though as the knight can be defended with the c6 pawn, but it still would be a very long game after Ke6 for black to prove that he will win. I think 6. d4 might be an improved lolli attack though.

GlassDinosaur

Fried Liver Attack worked on board 1?! WOW OKAY! Everytime I play it it's easily counterable. 

Bluebird955

lol what board was this? 

jphillips

First board

TOKYOISAWESOME99

In my round 6 game tis is about as many moves as it took for my opponent to lose his queen

iforkyou

I tell everyone that you never know who doesn't know the Fried Liver!  My 8th board last year beat Naperville Central with it last year.  It was still a dog fight because the NC guy did move his king properly after the sac. 

But someone in the MSL knew it against our 7th/8th board and threw the Traxler Counter attack at her.  I thought it was awesome that she tried it!

GlassDinosaur

iforkyou wrote:

I tell everyone that you never know who doesn't know the Fried Liver!  My 8th board last year beat Naperville Central with it last year.  It was still a dog fight because the NC guy did move his king properly after the sac. 

But someone in the MSL knew it against our 7th/8th board and threw the Traxler Counter attack at her.  I thought it was awesome that she tried it!

I think that was our eighth board. I remember analyzing couple games from him and I remember this clearly because he won in exactly 10 moves.