Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Let me analyze your games!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #81

theweaponking

Indeed.  I just left off since it's White's game to win by this point anyway.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #82

theweaponking

I find that the Ba3! move is an unexpected shot to a lot of people in those types of positions.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #83

Owlmoon

Must be. The reason is they say you shouldn't put your bishop on the sides.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #84

theweaponking

True.  In this case, however, I think the justification is pretty obvious.  Cool

• 2 years ago · Quote · #85

erikido23

AcivilizedGentleman wrote:

There we go. I'm the winning side on all games. Bolster my ego furth--I mean analyse the game.

Some nice shots in those games...Of course with a lot of help.  But, nicely played.  I definitely can't analyze any games where the dutch gets crushed ;P.  But, you should really post some games you have lost.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #86

erikido23

bxe5...White still seems to get the advantage  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #87

erikido23

btw weapon king.  I don't know if you noticed.  But post 43 was some analysis of the actual game you played that you drew.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #88

theweaponking

Yeah, I saw that.  Since the position's drawish to begin with, there's not much of anything FOR me to threaten.  The Nf5-d6-e4 idea was to simply hold the position together.  Black can't really improve his kingside any more, and any queenside action looks like it will favor White.  Might seem unambitious, but it's foolish to ruin your position simply out of boredom.

And on your last post...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #89

Owlmoon

Very interesting. I have to look deeper into that.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #90

theweaponking

Which position are you talking about, Owlmoon?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #91

Owlmoon

Your post above.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #92

theweaponking

Oh.  Sorry, it just seems like we have two or three discussions going at once in here.  Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #93

Owlmoon

It's alright.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #94

satxusa

Here's one for you.  1. e4 b5??

• 2 years ago · Quote · #95

Owlmoon

Wow. Interesting game above. I wonder what your opponent was thinking.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #96

erikido23

theweaponking wrote:

Yeah, I saw that.  Since the position's drawish to begin with, there's not much of anything FOR me to threaten.  The Nf5-d6-e4 idea was to simply hold the position together.  Black can't really improve his kingside any more, and any queenside action looks like it will favor White.  Might seem unambitious, but it's foolish to ruin your position simply out of boredom.

And on your last post...

You aren't reading my notes!!...the c pawn isn't actually there in the position you had

• 2 years ago · Quote · #97

erikido23

and @weapon king the fact is you HAVE to play actively w/ b-b5 because your  light square bishop is basically dead and his is helping a kingside attack (which you were lucky he didn't try).  Read post 43 again closely  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #98

theweaponking

I realized that the c7 pawn was not there.  I also realize that Black has a problemchild on c8.  I'm also aware of the fact that Black's chances lie on the queenside.  I'd be foolish to not know the basic ideas behind the openings and defenses that I play.

I simply don't buy that White has an overwhelming advantage.  If he's that hell-bent on holding on to c5, then by all means, let him.  Blind materialism gets punished in chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #99

erikido23

If you realized that the c7 pawn wasn't there then why in your line did you play c6 in response to b-b5?

And it still seems as though you didn't read post 43(or didn't understand what I was saying)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #100

erikido23

"And your n-e7-f5-d6-e4 idea can't be right.  Even if you get the knight to e4 are you really threatening anything?  By the way white can either prevent it with g4 and your dead bishop and cramped knights aren't going to make his king unsafe(while there is a pawn storm looming-but white can build up slowly as he would like-maybe k-h1, r-g1 or a rook lift, n-f6,  f5 etc..keep in mind these are all just ideas.).  Or he can play k-h1 and after your n-f5 let g4 accelerate his attack

My thoughts...I thought the ne7 idea was best to possibly play bd7 -b4 if allowed(the doubled pawn can be pushed-double minority attack).  Well, if white takes the bishop....aren't we happy that we have taken away an attacker against our kingside "

I have bolded some of the points I think you are missing in the previous post(no need to get defensive by the way.).  That light squared bishop is an important attacker against your king(even if your opponent didn't use it in the game) and that pawn storm is very dangerous it seems to me(especially if you just sit on your position)

edit....The bold didn't look very bold so I tried italicizing-see if that works

Post your reply: