Forums

plz help me in finding my mistake in this game

Sort:
rajshekharsharma

Hello

I was playing quite well with this high rated player and it looks like I am gonna win the game.  But, I don't know where I made the mistake and then have to resign.

Please please help me and guide me to improve my chess skills.

corum

Chesserroo2

As black I would have gotten greedy on move #2 and played e5, hoping to give you a queen check at h4 and win the e4 pawn.

Any time a queen lands on d5, that screams for White to play Nc3.

23. ... NxQ    0-1 Nothing White can do after that would lead to checkmate.

A agree with the above poster about where White made an unrecoverable blunder. Black was quietly blocking diagnonals and trying to sneak up on taking the bishop, rather than play g6 right away and scare it away. Still, I think Black could have done far better, since a discover attack from the g rook would not have been dangerous.

rajshekharsharma
corum wrote:

Thank you very much for such detailed advice. It has definitely made me understand the application of basic chess concept.

Regards

rajshekharsharma
Chesserroo2 wrote:

As black I would have gotten greedy on move #2 and played e5, hoping to give you a queen check at h4 and win the e4 pawn.

Any time a queen lands on d5, that screams for White to play Nc3.

23. ... NxQ    0-1 Nothing White can do after that would lead to checkmate.

A agree with the above poster about where White made an unrecoverable blunder. Black was quietly blocking diagnonals and trying to sneak up on taking the bishop, rather than play g6 right away and scare it away. Still, I think Black could have done far better, since a discover attack from the g rook would not have been dangerous.

Thanks

rajshekharsharma
chrisr2212 wrote:

Your attack was not as strong as it looked (the bishop on h5 was very much "offside"). I would have probably gone for 15 c3 forcing 15...Nb5 as 15....g6 or f6 are not much good, with a good game for White.

Thanks Chrisr

rajshekharsharma

Hello Yeres

Thanks for your message; however, I could not reply to it despite my best efforts.  It was asking for some kind of permission or request.

Regards

badknight

you made mistakes in calculations. black had an easy win after 23.Bxg6. solving more tactical puzzles will help.

shuttlechess92

19. f5! should be just crushing ( trying to activate that potentially monstrous dark bishop on b2). one variation: 19...Nxe5? 20. Qg3 Bd6 21. Rxd6!

ricky_firnadhi

i think chess is not your game :)

ricky_firnadhi
ricky_firnadhi wrote:

i think chess is not your game :)

YES.. I"M AGREE WITH YOU :DD

caddykewl

I think your move 23 was ? And I wonder after your 23rd move, why did he not cut your queen.. I didnt see forced mate thereafter.