10441 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Welcome to the Game Analysis forum
The purpose of this forum is improvement at chess! We can all improve at chess when we share meaningful questions and examples from our past losses, draws, and a few of our wins. In order to get the most out of posting your game at the analysis forum, follow these guidelines:
1. Annotate your game yourself before you post! By annotate we mean the addition of your thoughts, commentary, and possible variations. In order to receive accurate feedback, we must know what you were thinking as you played the game, and what you think of it now. It often happens that a right move was made for the wrong reason: knowing your thought process is the only way to bring this to light!
2. Post a lot games that you lost, a few that were draws, and on occasion those that you won. While it is more fun to gloat over our wins than suffer under our losses, we learn the most when we review our losses. If you really want to post a game where you crushed your opponent, consider the game showcase forum.
3. Don't look at a chess engine for analysis until after you have analyzed the game with others at chess.com; the same goes for those reviewing. If you are adding analysis found with the aid of a chess engine, make it known.
4. In addition to your thoughts, commentary, and possible variations, here are some of the most common symbols for annotating a chess game:
!! An extremely strong move, often game winning.
! A great move
!? A speculative move, possibly strong but more analysis is needed.
?! A dubious move, prossibly weak but more analysis is needed.
? A bad move
?? A blunder, equivalent to hanging a piece.
+- White is winning.
+/- White has a significant edge.
+/= White has a small edge.
=/+ Black has a small edge.
-/+ Black has a significant edge.
-+ Black is winning.
5. Never post a game or a position from a game that is ongoing. Asking for help with ongoing games is unsportsmanlike and unethical. Need we say more?
thanks for the guidelines ..I agree with u
it is also very important to notice the reaction of others , so i hope all members to react with the annouted games
Hi, i am some confused.
I played and play with a few peoples, just for fun. And this people, are friends of my, personally and on live. Sometimes, I win, many others no. But, some time my friends, until they lose from me, they correct my moves, and i see that really i have done a wrong move. Can I publish a game that until I have won, I think that i could do better, just by bettering my moves. Without anybody thinks that I am joking my opponent?
Always, when I ask something about chess, I try to get into an specific move secuence, that I could or not to do, and WHY? Of course, a logical and rational explanation of this "Why" is that I ever will look for of you "Answerers", not a joke to my opponent, that in almost all of cases, are my friends, and many of this cases, I try to teach them to play, and I try to learn from them. One of this students (15 years old), has bit me (29 years old), almost one. That's good for me, he is learning, but please, do not think about my questions like if I am joking my opponent only because i won a game. Remember, I want to learn too, and this could be done on both sides of the battle, the winner or the loser one.
This is my sincerelly felling about asking.
Please take this on mind, before offer me a kick.
Dalsom, go ahead and post a game here, even if you won. So long as you are looking for critical analysis, this is the place.
The reason why the guidelines discourage posting won games is because many people were posting games here just to brag, not to learn.
Can we go for the constructive criticism?? Obviously we're not all grandmasters, and I'm don't see a chess position and the possiblities that emerge from it the same as Bill Wall. I know some people play moves which aren't logical, but I think it's important for everyone to remember this is about helping people out. Telling someone their move "sucked" doesn't help anyone, but providing possible other moves and lines from a position does.
please help me solve this tricky little poser. really, i want mate in three but will settle for four moves. i am playing white. thank you
a chess engine is a computer program that tries to calculate the best chess moves. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_engine
I see three queens and seven pawns....
Where did the extra queen come from? France?
And how there can be 3 checks in one time? TonyGas, this position is unreal.
Please Start Enforcing Restrictions on Those who Abandon Games
by Superweakie a few minutes ago
1/29/2015 - White Wins
by paddayyayalangi 6 minutes ago
by jiriborc 15 minutes ago
Pieces do not move
by lazizbek0307 21 minutes ago
Podium Prediction Chess (PPC) - "GRENKE CHESS CLASSIC 2015" Edition
by Louis-Gaetan 24 minutes ago
What is winning on time? NOOB
by chessarx 27 minutes ago
Do Americans tend to flame more on live chess
by Whip_Kitten 33 minutes ago
1/28/2015 - Horvath vs. Lajos Mayer, Budapest, 1917
by NateTimms 41 minutes ago
What percentage of chess is tactics
by leiph18 57 minutes ago
Rules re Asking for Resignation
by December_TwentyNine 61 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!