Forums

Really Extreme case of chess blindness

Sort:
dokter_nee

I just played a weird/terrible/crazy game here (10 min blitz) and won.

I'm not particulary proud of this game(although I played nice in the end), but I do think it's incredible how me and my opponent missed a queen on prise for like 12 moves each ! 

I mean, I'm not a giant of chess, but I'd call myself an experienced player, my blitz chess rating is generally arround 1600, my opponent was also a 1600 player.

Still, we managed to play like 24 moves, without either of us noticing a queen on prise! 

I annotated the game with some (or a lot) of my thoughts.

By the way, I'm playing during nightshifts, that's my excuse ! Don't know about my opponent though.

Clever_Kid

That was easily the most twisted game i have ever seen..

hankas
LOL. Lucky it wasn't the King that went missing.
bronsteinitz

It can happen.....

Shippen

WTH OMG!

Keldorn

This is maybe because both of you are fairly strong players so you don't expect each other to blunder your queen so putting her majesty in take simply escaped your eyes. It happens to everyone. For example, see this GM game, it's even more crazy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ix69sCFahw&feature=BFa&list=FLzey7hVJUIQV7T4qKZQ4SWw

AndyClifton

Now that's what I call hang time! Laughing

JMB2010

3...Nc6?? is already a game losing blunder!! Reuben Fine fell into this trap in his younger days. 5.d5! Nxe5 6.c5 Nbc4 7.f4! e6 8.Qd4! (8.fxe5 Qh4+) Qh4+ 9.Qf2 Qh6 10.Nc3! and wins 

einstein99

Hey! That picture in fouadeds column looks like puppethead on a binger

AndyClifton

I just hit between those two little white boxes (thinking it was gonna play like a video).

dokter_nee

@ JMB, yeah 3 ..Nc6 is indeed also a blunder, d6 needs to be played first. I learned this in the meantime as well.

wik8
Keldorn wrote:

This is maybe because both of you are fairly strong players so you don't expect each other to blunder your queen so putting her majesty in take simply escaped your eyes. It happens to everyone. For example, see this GM game, it's even more crazy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ix69sCFahw&feature=BFa&list=FLzey7hVJUIQV7T4qKZQ4SWw

that was amazing

deepak64

It is natural in time limit chess.

sara_manju

very weired:)