Forums

Setting A New Record In Chess!!!

Sort:
Laz151121982

I recently beat my highest rated oponnent in a live chess match (1516) and thought I had played a good game against the french defence.

Unfortunately the computer analysis saw it different.

1 inaccuracies

33 mistakes

1 blunder

I pledge for anyone to try and beat this record by making more mistakes and still win against a 1500+ rated player.

Have fun and enjoy going wrong lol

DimebagDerek

I think if you played out a long endgame then you could do it.  Computer analysis on endgame is brutal.

helltank

The computer could beat world-class grandmasters at chess, meaning that people like Anand, Topalov, Shirov, Kasparov and Ivanchuck all make at least 1 blunder against it.

Considering that you're 1463, 35 mistakes isn't too bad.

Fear_ItseIf
helltank wrote:

The computer could beat world-class grandmasters at chess, meaning that people like Anand, Topalov, Shirov, Kasparov and Ivanchuck all make at least 1 blunder against it.

Considering that you're 1463, 35 mistakes isn't too bad.

chess com computer i only 2500 strength, i doubt any of them would make a blunder, maybe a few inaccuracies or a mistake.

Scottrf

"Considering that you're 1463, 35 mistakes isn't too bad."

Really? I very rarely have more than 3.

Laz151121982

In a shorter game (40 moves or less) I usually get between 5 and 10 mistakes, and no blunders on good games with 10 or less inaccuracies.

On a bad game my mistakes and inaccuracies remain very similar but I will also have a few blunders

Laz151121982

Scottrf , I find it hard to believe that you very rarely get more than 3 mistakes. I know your online rating is 1600+ but that is no big deal. Your live rating is not even up to 1400. My online rating drops because I am sometimes playing on my phone under the influence of alcohol. I keep my serious play to 30 minute live games and my rating is almost 100pts more than yours in that department. 

If you can walk the walk then send me a challenge Tongue Out

fianchetto123

How do you plug a game in for the computer to analyze? when i go to the page it only shows the demo, how do I get it to analyzze my game

Scottrf

I'm talking about my online games, I checked my last 10 and don't think any had more than 3 mistakes according to the chess.com computer. Not a boast, just a fact. Believe what you like.

Laz151121982

fianchetto123 what you need to do is first come out of the game (be it an online game or a live game), then click on play live chess again or play online chess and your most recent games will come up with the resuts win lose or draw. Go back into the game and just under where it says analyse in live there is a computer sign. Just click on that and wait for about 30 minutes.

Scottrf that is fine, I was just joking about. If you only made 3 mistakes in the last 10 games that is very good.

Scottrf

I'll show the ones I've analysed:

One of the others had 2 mistakes and 2 blunders, but I was very surprised at 33.

Although they are online games so not so comparable but I don't have any long time control games to compare.

DimebagDerek

Chess.com's analysis engine is not the best tool.  Download the free houdini or something to analyze your games.  As well as better analysis, it can be a deeper analysis if you want to spend the time.  I have a game on here I played in blitz against the french defense and the computer called a knight sac a blunder, even though any engine a few moves deep will see that it was totally a winning sac.  All I am saying is don't but too much stock in the site's chess engine analysis (especially about 'inaccuracies', but sometimes the 'mistakes' and 'blunders' too)

Laz151121982

Yes I agree

Laz151121982
[COMMENT DELETED]
Laz151121982
Laz151121982

I do not know how to post my game

Laz151121982
[COMMENT DELETED]
Laz151121982

Thanks for all the help Dereck, finally here was my awful game lol