Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Sicilian Defense Dragon

• 2 years ago · Quote · #62

Conquistador

ivan1997 wrote:

Yes I am so confident, and I don`t like Ng4, and i think white is better. He can`t teach me thats sure, especially in dragon.

Looks like we have another candidate for the "GM in My Own Mind" award.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #63

ivan1997

pfren wrote:
    ivan1997 wrote:

Yes I am so confident, and I don`t like Ng4, and i think white is better. He can`t teach me thats sure, especially in dragon.

The only thing for sure is that I cannot teach you manners, as well as not boasting about your ignorance.

you don`t need to teach my manners, the`re good, you are just to self-respecting, which you do not deserve. So please psst....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #64

TonyH

lets see.... INTERNATIONAL MASTER opinion with a proven track record in playing OTB  or just someone who likes to talk...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #65

ivan1997

TonyH wrote:

lets see.... INTERNATIONAL MASTER opinion with a proven track record in playing OTB  or just someone who likes to talk...

Or just opinio from my 2654 GM trainer? LOL... Please shut up dude, you have know idea who are you talking about.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #67

ivan1997

pfren wrote:

The only players currently with 2654 ELO are Ragger and Gareev, and of course noone of the two is a trainer or Bosnia resident.

At least try to make your fairytales more believable, kid. Any serious player at your age should have at least 2200 FIDE ELO, while you are just a bullet woodpusher.

he is at least around 2650, not sure but was 2654 for syre, and you have no idea what my fide is dumb so shut up please... My brother is twice stronger player than you will ever be! And he doesn`t waste his time here like you do.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #69

cjwalker

Ivan seems to be a litte toad who has forgotten that his mummy taught him to never talk to strange men over the internet. Who does he think he is, calling out a reputable and friendly IM in such a rude and obnoxious fashion?! Please either leave, apologise, or dispute his claims POLITELY. In short, yank your head out your own arse.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #71

ivan1997

pfren wrote:

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Mark Twain

You are right, I will never argue with you again.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #72

cjwalker

Very apt. I'd like to know the name of this mystery GM. I think the holes in the kid's arguments would start appearing pretttttyy fast. "OH I MEAN, LIKE, ONE TIME, HE WAS 2654". Yeah and my pet cat once had a rating of 3000. Just cos I wrote it doesnt mean its true.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #73

cjwalker

Ah damn it I just tried out the BG4 variation and got a winning position, before blundering horribly. Damn I wish I had taken up chess at a younger age, my tactical skills are sometimes sadly lacking.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #74

adamredsox24

wow I have been missing a wonderful conversation :) 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #75

__vxD_mAte

obviously black has good chances after Kf8, the legendary h-file hack attack wont work, etc, why sac a rook when you can leave one on h8 instead?

I think if black plays Ng4 before Qd2 it isn't a problem, just a waste of tempo for both sides...

8.Qd2 is the same position as 10.Qd2

So basically when playing dragon as white I think f3 is important, that's why it is the book move.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #77

__vxD_mAte

Yeah thats true,

however Bc1 is also an option, the point is that the line can actually transpose back to a normal dragon formation with a wasted move. I am sure most players wouldn't want the knight for the dark square bishop after Bc1.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #78

ivan1997

pfren wrote:

@ __vxD_mAte: Your line has two "slight" issues:

7...Qb6 instead of 7...Bg7 and

8.f3? (8.Nb3 was more or less forced) Bxd4 9.fg4 Nc6 when white's kingside pawn structure is seriously compromised without any apparent gain.

First time I agree with You, he made mistakes in his post, and really big ones.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #79

__vxD_mAte

ivan1997 wrote:
    pfren wrote:

@ __vxD_mAte: Your line has two "slight" issues:

7...Qb6 instead of 7...Bg7 and

8.f3? (8.Nb3 was more or less forced) Bxd4 9.fg4 Nc6 when white's kingside pawn structure is seriously compromised without any apparent gain.

First time I agree with You, he made mistakes in his post, and really big ones.

Excuse me what is so big about the mistake, you lose a toy horse so f**king what?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #80

-waller-

So it's awful lol. Seems like you need to go back to the basics - making a move which loses a knight for nothing is a bad move.

Post your reply: