Forums

Sound queen sacrifice?

Sort:
Jason_P7
[COMMENT DELETED]
RobertKaucher

Yes, your move was perfectly sound. But it really depends on the follow up. Did Black take the queen and if so, which pawn did you capture in reply?  17. gxf6 or 17. gxh6? But I agree this would be very hard to see otb at the 1500 level.

Good game!

Jason_P7
[COMMENT DELETED]
ivandh

Well, I like to say that any sacrifice that works is sound. But I also play the bongcloud...

Chess_Enigma
ivandh wrote:

Well, I like to say that any sacrifice that works is sound.

+1

Best you could get is a pawn and to bishops for the queen. But in a 4 min game it clearly worked!

RobertKaucher
Chess_Enigma wrote:
ivandh wrote:

Well, I like to say that any sacrifice that works is sound.

+1

Best you could get is a pawn and to bishops for the queen. But in a 4 min game it clearly worked!

Disagree with this evaluation. Black's king is toast. White will soon have two bishops and a rook breathing fire down his neck.

g-man15
[COMMENT DELETED]
g-man15

@celticliberal, No, we don't. there are kids on this site.

yes, i'm talking to you, in the post right below me.

JohnPointer

I'm dying of laughter

JohnPointer

thank you @dike93 and the other guy. we need more people like u

DevashishDhyani

I sent a report g-man15....hopefully these type of people will be kciked out soon from this site. :)

JohnPointer

@g-man15 that was just so funny though

ArtNJ

Stockfish confirms the sack was totally sound and taking the queen is basically a losing move.  However, the queen can be declined, and Qc2 was objectively a somewhat stronger move (not by a huge amount though).  In terms of a blitz game though, *&^! yeah, cool move.  

JohnPointer

lol

JohnPointer

@Maryland-Parks-Tool Cool

JohnPointer

Hahaha

pelly13

It takes less chess-balls to sac a queen (unforced) in a quicky. The sac is dubious ( to say the least) , but still : both me and Tal are pleased.

Like Confusion said : .......... your move. Tik-tak Tik-tak

families
I see why. But I would not have done that. I say your lucky you won
Parks-Jason
[COMMENT DELETED]
Parks-Jason

That's awesome Chuckles.  Recently I told all my Chess friends and family that I am a transgender Chess Player. My first gay sexual Experience was Awesome. A gay black man trapped me inside a train station bathroom and forced his C.o.c.k. into my throat. I tried resisting at first but soon accepted and Loved it. After busting his Load he attempted to take it back but I trapped it. -Jason