Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

threw away a winning position (rating 1100)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

aljay007

i was looking for some good analysis on this game before the obvious blunder when i give my queen away i was wondering what others would have played in my situation after black castles queenside? im playing white and please only analyze up untill the major blunder thanks :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

aljay007

y u no analyse?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

THEBOO

i am the king of queen blunders. would be of little help to you.  maybe moving the king rook threaten the pawns with a f/u bishop move to take the pawn?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

MDOC777

At move 11 you could've done:
    11.Qh5+  g6
    12.Nxg6  hxg5
    13.Nxh8+ Kd7
    14.Ng6   etc., wins exchange

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

Connectedpasser

I think 10. Nef7 just wins stuff. Point being 10..h6 fails to 11.Nxh8 11..hxg5 and 12. Qh5 +. After which you can (at least) castle and consolidate with extra material

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

MDOC777

JoshuaMcClellan1 wrote:

I think 10. Nef7 just wins stuff. Point being 10..h6 fails to 11.Nxh8 11..hxg5 and 12. Qh5 +. After which you can (at least) castle and consolidate with extra material

10.Nef7 would be stunted by 10...f4 and white has two threats to black's one: if white takes the rook by 11.Nxh8, then 11...Qxg5 and the knight at h8 is trapped if white saves the bishop. If he saves the knight instead, he loses the bishop.  The end result is two minor pieces for a rook.  Not a good prospect.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

aljay007

thanks guys for the advice, i think MDOC is right Qh5+ on move 11 is very strong i totaly missed it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

aljay007

i think if i played 24. Bxc5 i would still have had a winning possition too

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

aljay007

theboo i think i would beat you at queen blunders, at least in blitz games lol it happens to me all the time mostly because i like to force open attacking positions then somthing distracts me like a message on facebook or somthing makes a sound then i totaly lose my concentration and it all falls apart lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

MDOC777

aljay007 wrote:

i think if i played 24. Bxc5 i would still have had a winning possition too

And then 25. Red1, attacking the Q, with an eye to covering d7 so you can effect a mate with Qa8.  But maybe 24. Red1 would be better instead, then the bishop.  The idea is to try to gain tempo with both moves.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

aljay007

exactly that was in the back of my mind, but yeah Red1 is probably better as his queen has limited movement and then the bishop black is in a horrible possition.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

MDOC777

Actually, looking again, 24. Bxc5 is best after all, because you don't want black gaining tempo on you with 24.Red1 Qe3+.  Sorry, I overlooked.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

aljay007

lol your right after Kh1 black can regroup a little although his position still isnt great i can trade off rooks and he has too move his king into the middle within striking distance for my other rook and queen to threaten matedo serious damage

Post your reply: