Forums

unbalanced board

Sort:
Russ_Houghton

I'm playing black. If I'm posting too many games in here, tell me and I'll back off. But I love hearing from better chess players. I've no one to talk chess with except online.

I put quite a bit more of my own thinking and analysis in this one, thinking to give you more ammo to shoot me down with. 

fianchetto123

why the piece sacrifice on move 5? seems to me you're just losing after that...

otherwise you played very well positionally, I'm going to look now for a loophole to your little trick with getting the queen back...

fianchetto123

a few quick points:

after "king slides inside the rook" at move 31, you are NOT fine...you're dropping e5 because of the pin on the f6 pawn. watch for these things.

oh...at move 39 your opponent made an extremely weak move, Bg5 guarding the queening square and it looks actually about equal to me

Russ_Houghton
fianchetto123 wrote:

a few quick points:

after "king slides inside the rook" at move 31, you are NOT fine...you're dropping e5 because of the pin on the f6 pawn. watch for these things.

oh...at move 39 your opponent made an extremely weak move, Bg5 guarding the queening square and it looks actually about equal to me

32 QXd5 changes the whole game, for sure, tho I still don't think it's a lost game. 39 BG5 might have been a winner. Certainly I better watch my king better.

tastendruecker

Your 7th, 8th and 9th were blunders, white missed the opportunity to punish them in move 8,9,10.

What's the best move for white there ? Can you solve this riddle ?

Russ_Houghton
fianchetto123 wrote:

why the piece sacrifice on move 5? seems to me you're just losing after that...

otherwise you played very well positionally, I'm going to look now for a loophole to your little trick with getting the queen back.

2 things.
1. he was grabbing significant space ont he queen side and would have seriously hemmed me in. 2. the loss of 2 pawns there opens a large space for me to exploit, if I'm fast enough.  It doesn't mean that I was right, but it did work out, my domination queen side gave me the win.
Trapper4

Move 7 was a blunder, white can now play Qa4+ and win your bishop.

And dont worry-your not posting too many games on the forums, thats what the forums are for. :)

Russ_Houghton

tastendruecker, 8. Qa4+ wins a bishop. Was that it?

Russ_Houghton

If you look at my notes you'll see that I thought 0-0 would have been a better move. And yeah, I got too focused on the queen side.

Once again, the lesson to me is slow down and look it over.

Russ_Houghton

My previous statement agreed with you in advance. I do feel I'm making big tactical strides, but I keep hanging pieces. Thus, slow down and look it over.

I promise you, Paul. I'm paying attention and taking that advice to heart.

eddysallin
paulgottlieb wrote:

5...Nxb4 was a hasty decision. White isn't developing his pieces so you don't really have to fear his expansion on the queen side. Simply play 5.Bb6

As everyone has pointed out, 7...d5 is a blunder becvause of Qa4+. But this is a great learning opportunity for you. This kind of trap occurs over and over, so you would do well to really remember this pattern. White not only misses his chance for a free piece, 8.f3 takes away the best square from his knight. Obviously, your 8.d4 is a mistake and once agaon your bishop was there for the taking. You really needed to play O-O. The same win of a piece for White was there with 10.Qa4+

I think you became so in love with your queen side pawn roller that you lost a sence of danger to your king. I think White could have whipped up a dangerous attack with 24.Bf6 gxf6 25.Rxf6 Rgb8 26.Qg5+ Kf1 27.Bh5

White just diddled around until your pawn wave got serious.

bf6,pxb,rxp(q. ready to enter fray) or pg6,qh6 or q.side p. move,qg6