Forums

Video Member Analysis please Mr. Rensch?

Sort:
cROOKed_KNIGHT

cROOKed_KNIGHT vs. fonzy050

I know that this is not exactly the ideal game to consider for a member analysis.. especially because the opening theory is not sound, and the win that I eventually achieved, is questionable at best. However, I would really appreciate some input from a master-level human, as opposed to the computers here at chess.com. The game was played as follows:

1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Nf3 h6 5. g Nc6 6. Bg2 a67. O-OBe7 8. Ne1 dxc4 9. Nc2 O-O 10.  e4 e511. dxe5 Qxd112. Rxd1  Nxe513. Bf4 Bd6 14. b3 cxb315. axb3 b5 16. Nd5 Nfd7 17. Nce3 Bb7 18. Nf5 Bxd519. exd5 Rfe8 20. Re1 f621. Bxe5 Rxe522. Rad1 Rxe1+ Rxe1 Ne5 24. f4 Nd3 25. Re3 Bc526. Ne7+ Kf7 27. d6cxd6 28. Bd5+ Kf8 29. Ng6#

This was a 3minute blitz game I played recently, and I realize that I probably won this game undeservedly.. I wonder where this could have been improved, for either myself or my opponent. Any instructive assistance would be appreciated.

The reason that I posted this game, is that Danny Rensch is my favorite video author, And I would love to hear his advice/analysis of anything I have contributed to the library of chess hustory.

cROOKed_KNIGHT

my appologies... apparently the move order did not copy properly... From my computer, if you highlight the empty white boxes with your mouse, the moves become visible

MSC157
cROOKed_KNIGHT

hey thx for diagraming that for me

DanielRensch

Hey Knight, post it here for me to look at when I can!!! Thanks Wink

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-analysis/member-analysis-auditions

Quickly I can say that playing 5.g3, Fianchettoing the Bishop doesn't make sense there, when black can capture the c4-pawn at any moment. Then, move 8.Ne1 is something that should be avoided until all the pieces are out. I would consider playing 8.b3 to protect the c4-pawn, then develop my c1-Bishop, and strive for e4 in the center. 

It was a nice finish though...

Danny

MSC157

Can I post too? I mean one more game :)

DanielRensch

Anyone can post games in the forum thread link I posted above. Anyone Wink and I am not the only Video Author who will do games from that thread...