Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.


  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1521

    MSC157

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1522

    Yereslov

    MSC157 wrote:
     

    I played white, 10|5, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOijcEDPbI

    Why is your rating 2180 here and 1500 in real life?

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1523

    DrSpudnik

    Real life ain't all it's cracked up to be.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1524

    MSC157

    No, I have no rating yet. And the game is result of 3-4 hours of sleeping. Total crap! :D

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1525

    Yereslov

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1526

    Vyomo

    Yereslov's analysis is really good, but I would like to suggest alternatives to the mistakes made. 

    18 Bb5? is a mistake. Looking at the position, it is clear that the Black bishop on g7 holds the kingside together and that the knight on d4 is far more effective than the knight on e2, so why not trade?

    Also, in the endgame, Rg5? is a mistake by black, Rf3! wins 

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1527

    MSC157

    Thanks for analysis. I continued the play because black is short on time, as you can see on the video. @Vyomo, "red line" is very interesting, I totally missed 24.Rc7, that's the reason I didn't play RxQ.
    47...Rc3+?? was actually Rc2, but black dropped the piece on c3 and then quickly moved it again to c2. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOijcEDPbI
    It is marked in the comment of the video! ;) 

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1528

    PortlandPatzer

    Vyomo makes some very valid points in his analysis. These type of positions are exactly why I try to stay away from the Grunfeld systems if possible. My attacking game is far lower than my positional game but I always appreciate watching people play the opening on both sides of the board.

    My only win with the Grunfeld came about 10 months ago in a thematic tournament where I played 4. Bg5 (Taimanov Variation) and I was blown away at how much attacking was able to be done. i barely got out of the game with a win but yeah, great match regardless Miha. Keep it up.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1529

    MSC157

    Tnx, I will, the next game will come on Friday (or maybe Saturday) :)

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1530

    Yereslov

    This is a terrible game on my part.

     
    This game is funny. It was meant to be a twenty minute game, but I only played five minutes of that time format. My opponent only had a few seconds.



  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1531

    PortlandPatzer

    Yereslov wrote:

    This is a terrible game on my part.

     
     
    This game is funny. It was meant to be a twenty minute game, but I only played five minutes of that time format. My opponent only had a few seconds.



    18... e4 places White in a position similar to a Neo-Grunfeld position. 6. c5?! is dubious as in this line, Black not only has no worries of cxd5 giving White a big center, but allows the eventual ...e5 move, weakening d4 permanently. This Black move was typically played by Kasparov with the Black pieces to good success. However against Deep Fritz in the man vx. machine tournament, Kasparov played c5 as White even though in preparation the programmers had entered all his annotated games. About 15 moves later, he plays Kh1 after 0-0 and causes the computer to analyze the position for 30 minutes, with the game eventually ending in a draw.

    For an idea of play occuring with the e4 push as black, look back several pages at the game between ZekesGhost and Vengence69 which was a winning position for Black and see how the board looked after Black plays e4. All of Whites pieces are bogged down with no counterplay activities (disregard everything following about move 20 forward).

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1532

    blowerd

     

    It would be good if someone can analyise this for me.  Fairly detailed commentry is given in the game. BTW I am black in this game hence I have flipped the board over. 

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1533

    ithothothoi

    Please rate my game, I think it was a good attacking display with a couple of sax, but also plenty to improve on. 

     

    After analysis turns out most of my moves where blunders and untill his last move of Kg3 i was defo losing

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1534

    nswwsn

    This is a game I should have lost but my opponent made severe blunders at the end. I was wondering if this was do to some unsound moves in the opening or if those moves were in fact ok but I was just out played the rest of the game. Please comment with general advice.



  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1535

    Bill_C

    Some additional information on the game for you nswwsn:

    GG

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1536

    Bill_C

    ithothothoi wrote:
     

    Please rate my game, I think it was a good attacking display with a couple of sax, but also plenty to improve on. 

     

    After analysis turns out most of my moves where blunders and untill his last move of Kg3 i was defo losing

    White had his last chances for true equality at moves 7 and 12 in that Bd3 needed to be executed here to neutralize the f5 Bishop's scope. in the end, this piece proved too much for White as his d3 Bishop was useless in defending against the Queen sorties. 12. Bd3 would have given a slightly inferior but defendable position.

    Perhaps a stronger move for White than exf5 would have been to simply push e5 and open the center up since the King is sitting there anyway.

    White's Bxh4 is definitely an error as Qf3 instead raises the stakes considerably here. After 23. Kg3?? the game is over in precisely the fashion you described here.

    Nice play against some slightly inaccurate play by White failing to find and follow through with a solid plan. i cannot help but think the game takes a different turn if he simply focuses on the center and plays for all out war on the King. GG here.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1537

    nswwsn

    vengence69 wrote:

    Some additional information on the game for you nswwsn:

     

    GG

    I'm not sure I completely got your comment although based on it seems e5 was a blunder in my game as well because ng4 is actually quite strong here. I do not know how I missed this. Thanks.



  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1538

    MSC157

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1539

    Vyomo

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1540

    MSC157

    Vyomo wrote:
     

    I disagree with analysis to move 8, because this is Sicilian, Pin variation, main line, so, book moves I prepared for this match, but other lines and corrections are fine. Thank you for it! :) It was 10|5 game and too little time to check everything! ;)


Back to Top

Post your reply: