Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
Yereslov
Rapidwurst wrote:

I need to post my opinion about this thread, sorry... It makes no sense to analyse bullet or blitz games. Even rapid games are on the border line... Try to play, analyse an post tournament games or corr games.

I post one of my games with detailed annotations

Hope wether you can learn something, or give me some tips

You missed a much better move at move eleven.

Yereslov
Rapidwurst wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I forgot this to mention. FM Wukits considered this after the game and FM Kleiser mentioned in annotations in a magazine I think. There are some problems for White comparing with similar positions. I'll try to show some lines. Sorry, I'm doing without engine now, but you could check

Houdini reccomends 17.Bd1 as best.

Yereslov

I think you might be right. There is no way to compensate for the lost piece in the end, but it does lead to an equal position.

Lasker would always create imbalances in his games in order to psychologically test his opponents.

Plus, Houdini actually reccomends this.

MSC157

Yereslov, what about my game? ;)

Yereslov
MSC157

Perfect, thank you a lot! Some of mistakes I already discovered, but there are many interesting lines I've totally forgotten. :)

MSC157

Here's the game from move 11 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BToN2xfJkZ8

Bill_C
learnateverygame

@ vengence : umm, am I missing something, or after 23. exf5??? black gets a free mate in 1 Qg2# ?

after 21.Rdg8, white can play f5!, now the f pawn after exf5 don't look strong at all. You still had BSB so should be ok, but white's knight exchange with your BSB, your game will fall apart easily, I mean backward f pawn on a open file lol.

If black try to pass (e.g Ne7) then comes fxe6 dxe6 Bf7! attacking the rook and the e6 pawn, black is lost I think.

blowerd
DrSpudnik wrote:

For D Blower in #704:

On move 3, white could have played cxd5, and then if Nxd5 4. e4 and a big pawn center and your Knight on the run. If you take with the Q, he plays Nc3 first and then probably follows up with e4: huge space advantage and your pieces scampering.

From now on, if you play 1. d4 d5 2. c4, your response is e6 or c6 or dxc4 please.

Your be pleased to know that I do! 

Yereslov
learnateverygame wrote:

@ vengence : umm, am I missing something, or after 23. exf5??? black gets a free mate in 1 Qg2# ?

after 21.Rdg8, white can play f5!, now the f pawn after exf5 don't look strong at all. You still had BSB so should be ok, but white's knight exchange with your BSB, your game will fall apart easily, I mean backward f pawn on a open file lol.

If black try to pass (e.g Ne7) then comes fxe6 dxe6 Bf7! attacking the rook and the e6 pawn, black is lost I think.

You should try making more sense when you comment.

EliasAStern

just posted all the annotated games from my first tournament if you guys are interested. 

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-analysis/games-from-my-first-chess-tournament

Bill_C
Yereslov wrote:
learnateverygame wrote:

You should try making more sense when you comment.

22. f5 Ne5 seems to give Black still some life in the position though I would hate to be the defender here. For example, one line might be: 22.f5 Ne5 and then:

With White having a pawn duo but with limited deploying squares for his pieces. The game though looking bad for Black is by no means a clear one here.

As for the mate, I missed that entirely (UGH!). There were a lot of odd positions that came up in this game that I simply did not or could not completely analyze playing 3 pawns for a Knight. Thank you though for pointing out that my initiative was failing here as now I can see some better ways to handle a position like this. Perhaps something like 22. f5 exf5 23. Rxf5 Nh4. Still room for improvement here.
NFX0992

Hello all.

I've been a member of Chess.com for a couple of days now, and I'm very much liking it here. I'm more of a casual player at the moment, but I did play competitively during high school. This is my favourite game so far that I've played, a 3-minute game against a player of similar rating. Hopefully this can give players an insight to the game of a newcomer, and I can earn a little feedback with it.

PortlandPatzer

@V69:

22. f5 exf5 23. Rxf5 (exf5?? Qg2#) Nh4 24. Rf1 Bxg3 25. hxg3 Rxg3+ 26. Kh1 (26. Kh2? Rg2+ 27. Kh1 Qd6 winning)

and Black will have a comfortable game. White's best move to follow is 29. Ncd5 here to avoid 29...Nf5 where there is a pin to the King by the b7 Bishop. Then Black simply plays 29... Bxd5 30. exd5 Qxf4!! and White cannot stop the mate threat of Rh3# without loss of material (31. Rxf4 Rh3# while 31. Rf2 Rh3+ 32. Rh2 and both Queen or Rook mates. 31. Kh2 is no better in view of 31... Rg2++ and now if 32. Kh1 then Rook or Queen mates while if 32. Kh3 either g file Rook or the Queen can mate here).

Perhaps better on 21.... Rdg8 for White is simply 22. Bxg6 Rxh3 23. f5 exf5 24. Bxf5 Rhh8 25. Qf3 and now Black has to play 25... c4 to open lines to the King though White can simply play 26. d4 and Black is getting limited compensation for his attack plus is 2 pawns down in the middlegame. Play might follow with 26... Bc7 27. d5 Qd6 and White can hold the position here very well.

In the middle paragraph, I think an extra number was added to the moves so pull the order back by a move to follow the game correctly.

PortlandPatzer
NFX0992 wrote:

Hello all.

I've been a member of Chess.com for a couple of days now, and I'm very much liking it here. I'm more of a casual player at the moment, but I did play competitively during high school. This is my favourite game so far that I've played, a 3-minute game against a player of similar rating. Hopefully this can give players an insight to the game of a newcomer, and I can earn a little feedback with it.

Nice game here. Take a look at move 31 though. You had a faster win here.

Good play at such a fast time control as well.

George1st
[COMMENT DELETED]
PortlandPatzer
[COMMENT DELETED]
PortlandPatzer

@George1st:

Though interesting, the posting is making putting other replies difficult to either see or get in. Could you perhaps delete the previous post and cut and paste the game in .pgn format so as to not create such confusing displays? Thank you.

PP

Bill_C

So many people try to explain to me that the 3P vs. B sac line in most French Defense positions should at best draw for White if not lose. Here is a game where that was not the case. 3 dy/move.