Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
learnateverygame

at move 18, black could play e5, and your king is the one sweating now, because after dxe5 Nxe5 Nxe5 Rxe5+ black is winning, with 2 bishops now ready with open diagonals plus extra development, I don't know how to defend after that... So instead of 18 .... Rh7? he could play 18.... e5!

But you didn't give up, and in the end he underestimated your passed pawn and you won the game. I don't understand why he never even think of playing e5 and keeping his LSB locked.

gg though

George1st
PortlandPatzer wrote:

@George1st:

Though interesting, the posting is making putting other replies difficult to either see or get in. Could you perhaps delete the previous post and cut and paste the game in .pgn format so as to not create such confusing displays? Thank you.

PP

My apologies...I can't work out how to post the game like the others do. : )

Apoapsis

Here are 6 games I played against the same guy. He was rated 700 points above me! All games were 5|0.

First game:

Second game:

Third game:

Fourth game:

Fifth game:

Sixth game:

vincenthuang75025

heres one i won against a guy 150 points above me

Bill_C
George1st wrote:
PortlandPatzer wrote:

@George1st:

Though interesting, the posting is making putting other replies difficult to either see or get in. Could you perhaps delete the previous post and cut and paste the game in .pgn format so as to not create such confusing displays? Thank you.

PP

My apologies...I can't work out how to post the game like the others do. : )

If you are using windows and do not have a pgn file viewer, (Portable Game Notation), simply select "get pgn" from the selected game and then open it in notepad. Highlight the text by pressing [CTRL]+[A] and then right click to copy.

Once the text is copied, go to the board icon located to the right of your avatar and click it. Select the second option and press continue. On the next page that displays, toggle the bottom box for inserting game in .pgn format and then with the cursor in the box, right click and select Paste. This will insert the game in the box. Press continue.

From this next page, you can insert text either before or after the moves and also show variations to openings and combinations. When finished, click continue.

the next page will display the players names, ratings, match and site played as well as the round of the match, the date and the result. Press continue.

This final page allows you to select the layout of the board, pieces and color of the squares and whether you wish to show the Algebraic Notation on the sides of the board. From here you can either preview the entry or select "Insert" in the lower left corner.

If the gods of chess and your ISP are with you and you have followed these instructions, you should see your game inserted properly and looking like a million bucks. If not, make like Elvis and shoot the monitor (joking).

Hopefully this helps you out considerably.

Bill_C
learnateverygame wrote:

at move 18, black could play e5, and your king is the one sweating now, because after dxe5 Nxe5 Nxe5 Rxe5+ black is winning, with 2 bishops now ready with open diagonals plus extra development, I don't know how to defend after that... So instead of 18 .... Rh7? he could play 18.... e5!

But you didn't give up, and in the end he underestimated your passed pawn and you won the game. I don't understand why he never even think of playing e5 and keeping his LSB locked.

gg though

One of the things i have realized in a minor piece sac for 3P is that the side with the minor piece sometimes fails to realize that the lack of pawns allows for faster development, hence why typically this type of game can easly draw or lose if the sacrificing side does not handle the position very sharply.

As to the 18... e5 move, i think White is forced to play 0-0 and then try to survive the upcoming attack as 0-0-0 will end with the King on a1 after all the exchanges and checks. Still, these types of positions are very hard to play between the opposing King being in the middle of the board and having less pawns to cover and having to play aggressively in the process. 

I tried a similar tactic against a guy named Nick Raptis, a former state champion for Oregon and learned quickly that if Black is allowed to mobilize that White can have serious problems. Since then, i believe I have played this line perhaps 5 times in the past 20 years. I simply wanted to challenge myself with a complex position and see how I fared in match play against my opponent.

Instead of 18. a3?!, White needed to play 18. 0-0-0 at once and White wold have had all the bases covered and be able to play 19. Nb3 with advantage.

rdmart
robertpetersen

OK only one small thing I can see you need to improve:

DON'T CUT AND PASTE FRITZ' STATEMENTS IN THE COMMENTARY!!!

We want to know your analysis, not the full or blunder check engine.

Great Simul win though.

George1st
[COMMENT DELETED]
Bill_C

no worries. i think i went through like 10-12 games not loading before i realized how to get it together.

George1st
vengence69 wrote:

no worries. i think i went through like 10-12 games not loading before i realized how to get it together.

Wow, that was really nice of you to go to the trouble of trying to help me. I truly appreciate you and your kindness.

I wish you very well.

Thank you : )))

It looked as though i didn't post properly....again. lol.

Thanx again, cheers : )))

rdmart
robertpetersen wrote:

Great Simul win though.

Thanks for the advice. :) Ron

Yereslov
rdmart wrote:
robertpetersen wrote:

Great Simul win though.

Thanks for the advice. :) Ron

It's funny when players claim to have analyzed their game, when it is in fact the analysis of a machine. They never did anything.

Yereslov

This was a two minute game and I'm very proud that I played very accurately for most of the game. 

DrSpudnik

Looks like White just learned to play.

Yereslov
DrSpudnik wrote:

Looks like White just learned to play.

His only major blunder was 17.c4, which would look like natural move to any player without major analysis.

DrSpudnik

Move 2 looked like a weakie IMO.

Yereslov

Here is a game that shows chess blindness at work, and why it's sometimes best to just play on impulse, rather than theory.

I think it's fair to show both your good and bad games.

Yereslov
DrSpudnik wrote:

Move 2 looked like a weakie IMO.

You mean the Phillidor Defense? Yes, it's well regarded as a weak defense, but, when you're playing against players who depend on opening theory for a good game, it's very effective.

Yereslov

I would rather show my tournment games, but I rarely play OTB and I always get nervous and hesitant whenever I participate in large events.