Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
jaybir
Cheddarman1 a écrit :
jaybir wrote:

And a last one 

with a nice mate

This isn't what I would call "annotated". You only wrote 2 comments that could be useful in understanding your moves.

Yeah i have some trouble entering comments, you have to click on the window to enter them correctly. I'll see if i can fix it

David210
creepingdeath50

Here is one of my live games that I played in the spring of last year. Quite a surprise for my opponent on move 27 which led to his downfall in the game.

shepi13

Something must be wrong. Why not 27. Qxf7#!!!.

jaybir

Here is a game that i liked mostly for the long calculations needed with all the queens checks

Scottrf

All the games are wins now, it's not meant to be a showcase thread.

Nietsoj

You can follow my blog here on the site. I post games regularly. So far, not so many, but there is more to come. 

http://www.chess.com/blog/Nietsoj

JCQuinones

This was a game I played against Chess Master Asa Hoffman at a 14 Person Simul that he gave in Central Park, New York.  Enjoy!

soothsayer8

I think this would fit in well here. GM game it ain't, but it teaches us patzers an important lesson: how to play down material. Often, if your opponent wins material, they will get content and lazy. That is precisely the time to put the pedal to the metal and play as aggressively as you can! I swear, my opponent blunders and ends up losing in 50% of these situations. The following is a perfect example...

Radical_Drift
soothsayer8 wrote:

I think this would fit in well here. GM game it ain't, but it teaches us patzers an important lesson: how to play down material. Often, if your opponent wins material, they will get content and lazy. That is precisely the time to put the pedal to the metal and play as aggressively as you can! I swear, my opponent blunders and ends up losing in 50% of these situations. The following is a perfect example...

Unless I'm missing something, 9...dxc6 saves the bishop. It was instructive to never give up in a lost positon, to keep finding good moves under pressure.

soothsayer8

Oh, I think you're right, chessman. It's still a bad move, though, due to 9...dxc6 10. e5 Bc7 11. Qxd8 Bxd8 12. Ne4 with 13. Nd6 to follow at some point. My computer only gives white like +1.5

Radical_Drift

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't Black take the pawn? I think Black may actually have a decent game after queens go off. Admittedly, I only looked at the position for about a centisecond, and I have a tendency to be a bit too materialistic Laughing

soothsayer8

Black wouldn't take the pawn because I am dumb and trying to analyze a chess game while at work XD

Don't trust anything I say from here on out, lol.

Radical_Drift
soothsayer8 wrote:

Black wouldn't take the pawn because I am dumb and trying to analyze a chess game while at work XD

Don't trust anything I say from here on out, lol.

Oh believe me, I'm in no place to judge someone for making analysis mistakes.  

Black_Locust

Here's one I just played.  I was surprised and stymied by pawn wall he used.  How should I have responded to it?

Just_Herby

Latest game i played, don't think I played me best but could someone look over it for me

soothsayer8

Black Locust, for one, giving away material didn't help you. With closed games such as that, the pawns are typically out in front with the pieces behind them. You should learn how to play those types of games and learn what to look out for.

Black_Locust

Thanks for the reply, Soothsayer8.

Giving away material -- you're talking bout my failure to rescue my bishop on move 10?  I guess I gave away the knight in 13 as well :(

So, should I have met his staggered pawn wall with a similar formation?

soothsayer8

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. With those closed positions, it's easier for pieces to become trapped. Always be on the lookout for that. And yes, I often like to meet those sort of pawn walls with similar pawn advances, of course, every game is different. Once the center is locked up, your game plan is going to change a lot: knights dominate, open files are worth their weight in gold, weak squares and pawns become your target, there are a lot of small moves and subtle maneuvering.

ajian

aim for pawn breakthroughs and use the holes his pawns make by sticking pieces there and don't do the same thing with your pawns since then it's a dead draw