Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
pauix

This is a recent game where I played against one of this rare opening setups that involve cramping your own position without challenging the center:

Thomas_Vandeputte
zman1234 wrote:

Here's another one. I know that them losing their queen makes it less exciting, but the checkmate was sooooo sweet. Check it out!

Good game! But bishop captures queen was a big blunder, which your opponent should have seen.

Kodfish
I have had the computer analyze this so I know it is a poorly played game but it is still one I find interesting.
Ben_Dubuque

here is an epic that i just won

oh and Kodfish you missed a lot of discovered attacks and pins and other tactics
zman1234
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
zman1234 wrote:

Here's another one. I know that them losing their queen makes it less exciting, but the checkmate was sooooo sweet. Check it out!

Good game! But bishop captures queen was a big blunder, which your opponent should have seen.

Yeah, but the previous move, Qxg5!! was a very nice move though, and with playing a blitz game, a free queen is too hard too let go!

ConflictedVision

@ Jetfighter. There's a Rook+King mate you can do from 44.
ZBicyclist

The juxtaposition of these thread titles may explain why more people don't do this:

mateologist
Spiffe wrote:

The sentiment is a good one.  For best results, though, I would suggest focusing as much as possible on "serious" games, played at a reasonable time control, and thoughtfully annotated -- your best efforts.  That is what it's worth other people's time to discuss.

Unfortunately, we get far too much of the opposite -- bullet/blitz games, riddled with a dozen terrible errors.  "Don't mind the blunders, it was bullet LOL" seems the common refrain in those... well, what DO you want us to comment on?  Your opponent hung more pieces than you.  Gratz?

WELL SAID !! Also if your opponent developes one piece then makes 9 pawn moves in the opening PLEASE do not post those games !  Cool

MsJean

It wont post :(

GIex

Here are three of my annotated games with some explanations about them.

This is a King's Indian Defense game that I played as black. My opponent was aiming for center control, while I was waiting for him to make a mistake and counterattack. One pawn's gambit and a rook sacrifice were enough for me to win the game within 22 moves.

Here's a Modern Defense game I played with black some time ago. My opponent was good, but at the end he made some mistakes that cost him the game. Anyway, it was fun to play. This is how the game went:

Here's a game I played as black that can show the importance of and correlation between good pawn structure and strategical play. Philidor, the greatest chess player of his age, said: "The pawns are the soul of chess". Since pawns are much more stationary than pieces, their structure determines middlegame play to a big extent - the appropriate overall strategy as well as specific tactics. Therefore having a good pawn structure and exploiting your opponent's bad one can determine the outcome of the game.

Going over your played games and annotoating them is very useful. You learn a lot by doing so. This improves your pattern recognition and strategy skills. Furthermore, learning how to express in words what the board position is and what your game strategical and tactical ideas are will improve your position evaluation skills. I would recommend to everyone to review his game after it's played and look for every move's reasons and every position's features.

algorab

Maybe it's just me but I prefer this kind of annotations : few words , in capital letters, no endless babbling and only on the key moves.

piravi

Hey how do i post my game in this forum?

oinquarki
piravi wrote:

Hey how do i post my game in this forum?

http://www.chess.com/article/view/how-to-use-the-chesscom-diagr

kco

or you can see this one

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/a-guide-to-posting-your-games-on-chesscom

Desiderata
I would like to post an amateur game here but don't know how. I read up on it but it said I would have to create a new Forum for it and I still couldn't do it, I know this is the wrong place for this question but on relevance wouldn't creating a new Forum not allow me to post in this particular Thread since I am amateur?
kco

you don't have to post a new thread for that, just post it here if you want to.

Desiderata
how? :/
kco

did you look in the links that given in post #54 and #55 ?

MaverickM
This is my game against very high rated player, though he was quite tired after strenous activity at the time we had this game. Sorry but I have not posted my comments/strategy corresponding to a move as it was around 5 min game and i was under a great time pressure. So I had to move with instinct very fast. polydiatonic was also kind enough to do a quick analysis of the game to show where i had chances for checkmate.
Harlanikin

Probably the biggest thing to understand is the limit to which people can understand things. Ie. I typically find a 200-300 margin ideal for learning as above that level and it's very difficult to learn and you're versing players who always would beat you (as opposed to the 200 point gap where it's a case of, you win 1 in 5 or something) .

However, the above isn't universally true. There's a certain point where people start learning tactics, and it can be less than a 200 point difference, even if there's a world of difference in skill.