Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
learnateverygame

another game I played, and my opponent have quite a scary name, as the name is my favourite chess player lol Wink

freshly baked (ups, I mean played) today !
the_cheradenine

Hey. Well, I'm not sure if I count as an 'amateur', but I'm hardly a 'pro', so inhabiting that middle-ground. In any case, I've started playing some OTB chess again and learning some new openings as well.

I've been annotating my games in my blog:

http://blog.chess.com/the_cheradenine

so you can have a look at them if you're interested. I've previously posted some very nice wins, but now I'm focusing precisely on imperfect games with mutual errors (and also - not the critical theoretical lines)

http://blog.chess.com/the_cheradenine/the-next-to-last-mistake-part-i

I've just started, so there isn't much material (yet), but I am constantly adding new stuff, sooo... enjoy :)

I'd welcome some feedback both on the opening and overall play

TeePeeDee

learnateverygame.... lovely move to pin his rooks!!!

spinfidelety

This is my 2nd try - 1st time I got timed out and lost all my comments :-/

He's slightly higher rated than me although I thought I had the game at one point. Towards the end I ran out of time (from 10min game) because I couldn't close a mate around him - any help appreciated.

Looking through analysis you always spot things you could have done better so I'll mention what I notice after and please chip in with any cents you may have spare :-) 

AllenGamble

@ spinfidelety why didn't you just take the free rook on move 54? or on move 53? (knight for rook trade)

learnateverygame

@ spin : at move 2, g4 is a mistake I think as it weakens your king, and all of your pieces are not developed yet !

but this typical of amateur's mistake, they push pawns a lot ( me included, and I still do it, and only when I saw its safe to do so). You just have to be more "aware" of your pieces and surroundings, as you missed a lot of good, juicy moves.

at move 30 I observed that your pawn structure is really good, and the d6 square is literally begging for a bishop or knight to sit on. Material balance is equal, and you have good chances to win, as the e6 pawn are too weak, your bishops are ready to control key squares, at this moment, strong players would have played cat and mouse ( not allowing any counterplay whatsoever, only taking material when its safe to do so, this actually gives a lot of psychological pressure to your opponent)

I believe that with some more practice, you will be a stronger player!

Just be patient if you're winning.

spinfidelety
white_pawn_ wrote:

@ spinfidelety why didn't you just take the free rook on move 54? or on move 53? (knight for rook trade)

good point. cheers

spinfidelety

@learn #869 

Thanks for your input, I see what you mean about getting on the d6 and going after weak pawns. I will try to be more patient in my development too.

Much appreciated Cool

Morkph

Here are one blitz

learnateverygame

a bullet game I played today against a 2100 player, I have played against this one before, in a 2 min + 1 sec blitz, winning once Wink, and now, eventhough I lost on time, the tactical shot is something I had always want to do for a long time, in which I do not have the opportunity to do so. 

I hope that you guys will be able to do such a tactic on high-rated opponents ! Wink
zman1234

Hey everyone! I've got two games from the minnesota open from over the weekend. My first one: I got trolled! second one: I spam the tactics!

spinfidelety

@ zman - what about 12. ...Qd6?

learnateverygame
spinfidelety wrote:

@ zman - what about 12. ...Qd6?

black is already in trouble, by not castling, and fyi, Qd6 is not possible, black is losing at this point, due to the threat of Bb5++ double check and mate. 

I suggest at move 8 ... e6 then Be7 and castles. Black is a little bit worse, but not losing as one shows in game continuation.

beardogjones

Young man, keep your queen away from attack.

learnateverygame

ok, time to post some more games, this one is from online chess :)

first up, a game I played a month ago, I had 2 pawns for a piece, then I did some tactics, and in the end, he resign in a position lots of people said a draw.

looks like black is winning with his connected passed pawn, when white's pawn seems to be stopped dead in its track, can white salvage the game ?

StrategicusRex

Try and swallow THIS one, why don't y'all.

Drakodan

Jesus.

learnateverygame

@weaponking : nice game ! I thought your position was quite lost there on move 77, but he erred with d6, and you got your chance to salvage the game, the rest is way outside my ability, as I can't see winning variations. Well done !

spinfidelety
learnateverygame" wrote... (#876)

Black may well be in trouble, but 12 ...Qd6 does prevent the immediate mate as 13. Bb5 Kd8 and black's queen is defended by the bishop.

learnateverygame
spinfidelety wrote:
learnateverygame" wrote... (#876)

Black may well be in trouble, but 12 ...Qd6 does prevent the immediate mate as 13. Bb5 Kd8 and black's queen is defended by the bishop.

yes, actually you're correct. I made this one a puzzle so that you will understand better what will happen to black if he plays on ;)

Forum Legend
Following
New Comments
Locked Topic
Pinned Topic