Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #941

Lucifer99

@Gump647

15...Qxf2#

• 2 years ago · Quote · #942

Gump647

Lucifer99 wrote:

@Gump647

15...Qxf2#

right, I missed that, I was just mainly focused on an attack on the 1 file, oops.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #943

Gump647

Alright, here's a game I just played, I'll post a little puzzle after showing why he lost his queen. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #944

Gump647

He lost his queen here, show the only move that he can make without losing his queen, and then show the move that'll still take it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #945

Drakodan

I liked this game a lot. I played Black.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #946

jetfighter13

well generally with 3 Bb5+ you want to play Bd7 and get the Light squared Bishops off, but you played well

• 2 years ago · Quote · #947

NachtWulf

Bb5 in the Sicilian is actually a bookline; I actually made a group for it. White's bishop capture seemed a bit premature, and indeed, white let you take the center. 9. g4 was a blunder, since you had not castled yet. 14. Kg3 would have given white fighting chances, but the move played was suicidal. Your kingside assault played out pretty nicely, although the queen should have stayed on h3. (If the knight ever moved, Qxh1 would be winning.) Something along the lines of 16. ...Ba6 would be a reasonable continuation, with a queenside castle and a c4 push soon to follow. 22. dxc4 put up no resistance at all.

On the whole, a well-played game by black. Nice win!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #948

new_at_chess

These are two otb tournament games that i recently played. Can anyone help me analyze them?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #949

spinfidelety

Not posted for a while and thought this game had some good points. I've not played much live chess recently as I've been focusing more on online so hopefully this has helped me improve.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #950

spinfidelety

@ new-at-chess - 1st game -  5... qxd4 was obviously a terrible move - you could have mated him much quicker than you did but you got the job done in the end

• 2 years ago · Quote · #951

MikeBrandy1

interesting position ,were u came out on top, what more can a person say..

• 2 years ago · Quote · #952

spinfidelety

Well Mike, since posting my game I looked at it with a chess engine and found an interesting mating net for white, which we all missed - enjoy!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #953

Gump647

Okay, got another one, my opponent made a HUGE mistake, which collapsed his entire defense. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #954

spinfidelety

@ Gump - yeah nice triple fork there. I thought your pawn was hanging for a while and you maybe should have defended it with 7. bf4 - his b6 seemed a waste of time.

He definitely shoud have taken on e5 with his knight when your queen attacked, thereby chasing your queen too.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #955

zman1234

For some reason I'm unable to post my games. I can't find the submit button once I get everything finished.

Well, anyway, I have a 2-day tournament starting today. Wish me luck!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #956

spinfidelety

Once you've got to the preview step, click insert (bottom left), then click post comment. If this doesn't help you'll need to be more specific. 

Which tournament are you in btw?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #957

Alibaba011

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #958

Alibaba011

• 2 years ago · Quote · #959

Hi832

to post #961 you can play 2.Nf6+!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #960

new_at_chess

here's a game i just played. Can anyone help me analyze it and answer my questions? Thanks

Post your reply: