Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #861

FutbolStar5

A lot of these games are pretty interesting.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #862

learnateverygame

ok, time to post some more games, this one is from online chess :)

first up, a game I played a month ago, I had 2 pawns for a piece, then I did some tactics, and in the end, he resign in a position lots of people said a draw.

looks like black is winning with his connected passed pawn, when white's pawn seems to be stopped dead in its track, can white salvage the game ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #863

theweaponking

Try and swallow THIS one, why don't y'all.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #864

Drakodan

Jesus.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #865

learnateverygame

@weaponking : nice game ! I thought your position was quite lost there on move 77, but he erred with d6, and you got your chance to salvage the game, the rest is way outside my ability, as I can't see winning variations. Well done !

• 2 years ago · Quote · #866

spinfidelety

learnateverygame" wrote... (#876)

Black may well be in trouble, but 12 ...Qd6 does prevent the immediate mate as 13. Bb5 Kd8 and black's queen is defended by the bishop.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #867

learnateverygame

spinfidelety wrote:
    learnateverygame" wrote... (#876)

Black may well be in trouble, but 12 ...Qd6 does prevent the immediate mate as 13. Bb5 Kd8 and black's queen is defended by the bishop.

yes, actually you're correct. I made this one a puzzle so that you will understand better what will happen to black if he plays on ;)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #868

spinfidelety

Nicely illustrated there. Took me a couple of tries to get the right line. Learner turned teacher Smile

• 2 years ago · Quote · #869

pauix

That's a 3' fast-but-intense fight in a Rook endgame, decided by a simple pawn.
    Any comments on the endgame will be appreciated, as that's my weakest point.
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #870

raider53

pauix: 55... Rc8+ is your move.

55....      Rc8+

56. K any Rxc5

57. Kxc5  Kd2 and pawn queens, giving you a simple K & Q vs K ending.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #871

learnateverygame

ok, I have not been playing longer blitz time, so I chose a 10 min game, and I got a really intimidating opponent, but I think he underestimated me, so he got careless, and lost a piece. I won the game slowly (cat and mouse style), making sure that there are no foolish blunders.

as John Legend would say, "We don't know which way to go.. cuz we are ordinary people... Maybe we should take it slow, take it slow oh oh oh, this time we take it slow. Wink"
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #872

who_dat

6.Qa4 was surely waste of time.That's why he left his queen in a vulnerable square for 7 moves.He didn't want to waste more time moving her out of there.Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #873

spinfidelety

This game ended in a draw but I felt I could have recorded my highest blitz win yet. Looking for help on how to close him down at the end Tongue out

• 2 years ago · Quote · #874

theweaponking

This is an illustration of how spinfidelity could have won his game.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #875

spinfidelety

@weaponking - nicely done. I could have also moved the king to c3, then c2 to take out his pawns (moving the bishop threatened).

"Next time Gadget, next time"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #876

learnateverygame

ok, so the next 2 games I am gonna give is from online chess, and believe me, this one is so hard to play. I had lots of time to analyze, but hard, because I have to think a lot. Not like bullet or 3 min blitz which I like to play for fun. My opponent is a strong Indo player, I think he's an expert, because he played so well :)

So I played the 2nd game as black, and now I am determined to win !

who would ever thought thinking 1 step further, which I didn't do in the last game, proved helpful !?

I hope you enjoyed it ! C&F appreciated !
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #877

theweaponking

Fresh Modern Defense game.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #878

learnateverygame

@weaponking : nice game ! lots of hanging pawns, but you made it through the complications !

the rematch :

• 2 years ago · Quote · #879

jetfighter13

I hope you all (the C.c Comunity) can help me analyse this game, all I know is my last move lost the game

• 2 years ago · Quote · #880

theweaponking

Two more Hippos (blitz games).

Post your reply: