Forums

31 Moves...and my highest rating evah!

Sort:
Kernicterus

I don't mean to get all prosey but...Would a rose by any other word smell as sweet?  I don't know...I barely care what the analysis will say when it gets back...here's my game.  yay.

smileative

well played, afaf, nice tactical finish Tongue out congratulations !

PrawnEatsPrawn

You beat carlito78? that's some going... I've got 0.5/2 against that guy! Smile

Nice methodical win.

BigAlex

what were the time controls?

BigAlex

That Rf2 was a blunder isn't it?

Kernicterus
PrawnEatsPrawn wrote:

You beat carlito78? that's some going... I've got 0.5/2 against that guy!

Nice methodical win.

I'm 2/2, Prawn!!!  That's my second win against him. 

thanks smile and padman...appreciate the support.  I really enjoyed the last few moves a lot!

BigAlex...either 2 days or 3 days.  CC game.

PrawnEatsPrawn
BigAlex wrote:

Suggest a better move for White.

ArtNJ
devoid wrote:
BigAlex wrote:

Qa1 was the blunder. White was ahead until this. Although maybe black had adequate positional compensation for the pawn, I dunno.

Maybe the position's drawn? I'd be interested to hear what the analysis says.

Black has a nice advantage even if white doesnt blunder.  White's position is swiss cheese, there is no chance of pushing the pawn even if black plays passively.  Black wont play passively -- the upcoming D3! is fairly strong. 

Of course, it is an opposite bishop position, so there is hope for white of defending.  Iphone Shredder gives:  29.  rf2 (otherwise d3 is a bigger problem) d3 (anyway); 30.  rg2 d2 (and the pawn isnt getting taken unless white gives up the exchange for it)

Of course, 30. rg2 seems a little suspect.  But its hard to come up with an alternative.  If 30.  a5 be3 31. rg2 (what else) d2, and once again that pawn is not going anywhere and will tie up white's pieces until white sacs for it.  If 32. a6 qd4 and the pawn is dead it if it moves again.

Kernicterus

The thing I really liked about Carlito's games is that he took us out of book pretty fast...I mean...right away. 

Lisa, have I ever told you how gorgeous your avatar is?  lol.  Tongue out

Skipgugg
Sammie would be proud. Good job.
Kernicterus
Score: 0-1 Date: 4/8/2010
Time: 3 days
Opening:  B32: Sicilian Defense: Löwenthal Variation

Computer Analysis (~2500 strength)

Inaccuracies: 5 = 19.2% of moves
Mistakes: 1 = 3.8% of moves
Blunders: 1 = 3.8% of moves

White's 7. Qe2 is listed as a mistake.  And so was the Black response of 7...d4 (computer preferred 7...dxe4)

White's 19. Nxb7?? is listed as blunder.  And Black's 20...Rxb2 is also a blunder, though not enough to lose the advantage.  Computer prefers Qb6 and it's easy to see why.  I was trying for a lame cautious version of this.

ilikeflags

he must have a crush on you...  you know with all the crushes going around 'round here...  wow.

btw, nice game.  i mean it.

ilikeflags

or maybe an internet crutch..  speaking of a rose by any other name...

a crutch a crutch! why call you for a sword?

PrawnEatsPrawn

If you kids don't keep the noise down, I may have to bang some heads together. Laughing

ozzie_c_cobblepot

I love moves like 31... Rb1

Because the opponent should have already resigned, right?

Gambitknight

That's just a beautiful game.  Nicely done.

Kernicterus
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

I love moves like 31... Rb1

Because the opponent should have already resigned, right?

Yes!  But I never blame an opponent for trying to see what can be pulled off.  In haste many of us make really pathetic mistakes that could give new life to the game.  :)

Kernicterus

ilikeflags.  My opponent hasn't uttered one word to me.  Now be a good boy and take my picture down...it always confuses me for a second when I see it.

bigpoison
AfafBouardi wrote:

...it always confuses me for a second when I see it.

Me too.  Freaks me out a little too. 

Flags is a funny fella'.

ilikeflags
AfafBouardi wrote:

ilikeflags.  My opponent hasn't uttered one word to me.  Now be a good boy and take my picture down...it always confuses me for a second when I see it.

i think he's so captivated by your internet brilliance and attraction that he's spe[e]chless...