Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

5 minutes of fun


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1

    batgirl

    I hate putting this game in "game showcase" since it's only a 5 min. blitz game and not worth of showcasing.  But I though it was a fun game with a cute ending, even if Black might have played differently had it been a longer game.  I'm sure White would have. My opponent, Mr. Black, was rated slightly lower than me at the place where we played.



  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

    silentiarius

    19.Qb6 is even more fun.

    This game shows nicely that bad things will happen if you don't get your horseys out. Well done!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

    batgirl

    silentiarius wrote:

    19.Qb6 is even more fun.

    That looks much more exact!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

    Yereslov

    Here is some computer analysis:



  • 3 years ago · Quote · #5

    batgirl

    Good thing I only play people.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #6

    Yereslov

    batgirl wrote:

    Good thing I only play people.

    Two of these moves were already obvious to me.

    How could you miss the free bishop?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #7

    Yereslov

    batgirl wrote:

    Good thing I only play people.

    He should have resigned after 16.Nc3. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #8

    batgirl

    Yereslov wrote:

    How could you miss the free bishop?

    Do you play blitz?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #9

    Yereslov

    batgirl wrote:
    Yereslov wrote:

    How could you miss the free bishop?

    Do you play blitz?

    Even in blitz I wouldn't miss something so obvious.

    Plus, when I was checking your game it took me only a second to realize that you had mate in two.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #10

    finalunpurez

    Everyone will miss some obvious threats. its normal.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #11

    mathijs

    Wow, batgirl. It seems like your games are attracting the analysis of some very strong players.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #12

    Scottrf

    Does Yereslov realise his blitz rating is 1256 when he says stuff like black should resign after losing a piece or "Even in blitz I wouldn't miss something so obvious."?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #13

    Daeru

    Yereslov is trolling everywhere, don't mind him.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #14

    batgirl

    Well, I know from about 20,000 games of experience in blitz that what I can see in seconds reviewing a game is a often a lot different that what I can see during a game in the same number of, or less, seconds.  This is probably because in a game, under pressure, there's usually no time for considering lines or candidate moves  other than the ones that further the plan in your head... it's either that or just react which is a not a good way to conduct a game.  So, sometimes you miss even mate-in-one, or similar threats towards yourself because it's outside your focus but with the luxury of post-game review, it's easy to see.  It's particularly easy to see  for anyone with computer assistance who goes to the dubious trouble an analyzing a blitz game. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #15

    Timothy_P

    Your moves were really accurate until this point. You had a free bishop with 13.Nxg4. This move also attacks the knight.
    You mean the queen.
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #16

    Yereslov

    I'm not trolling at all. Moves like a free bishop and mate in two are obvious to me.

    These moves could be picked out by a 900+ USCF rated player.

    The fact a 1500+ missed it just proves further my theory.

    Even in a blitz game, I have never missed a free piece.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #17

    Yereslov

    batgirl wrote:

    Well, I know from about 20,000 games of experience in blitz that what I can see in seconds reviewing a game is a often a lot different that what I can see during a game in the same number of, or less, seconds.  This is probably because in a game, under pressure, there's usually no time for considering lines or candidate moves  other than the ones that further the plan in your head... it's either that or just react which is a not a good way to conduct a game.  So, sometimes you miss even mate-in-one, or similar threats towards yourself because it's outside your focus but with the luxury of post-game review, it's easy to see.  It's particularly easy to see  for anyone with computer assistance who goes to the dubious trouble an analyzing a blitz game. 

    I didn't need my computer to figure out the mate in two.

    The minute I saw your game my intuition allowed me to notice the move.

    My rating has been as high as 1600+ in Tactics Trainer, and I typically study puzzles.

    Moves like this are very easy to spot even for a patzer.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #18

    Scottrf

    Yereslov wrote:

    I'm not trolling at all. Moves like a free bishop and mate in two are obvious to me.

    These moves could be picked out by a 900+ USCF rated player.

    The fact a 1500+ missed it just proves further my theory.

    Even in a blitz game, I have never missed a free piece.

    LOL.

    The first blitz game of yours I look at you hang your queen.

    http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=309863382

    Please don't comment on one of these threads again.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #19

    Yereslov

    Scottrf wrote:
    Yereslov wrote:

    I'm not trolling at all. Moves like a free bishop and mate in two are obvious to me.

    These moves could be picked out by a 900+ USCF rated player.

    The fact a 1500+ missed it just proves further my theory.

    Even in a blitz game, I have never missed a free piece.

    LOL.

    The first blitz game of yours I look at you hang your queen.

    http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=309863382

    Please don't comment on one of these threads again.

    I wasn't even trying in that game.

    I was never good at blitz, but a free bishop is easy to spot.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #20

    Scottrf

    You're a terrible troll, and a terrible player. Just stop commenting.

     

    A free bishop is easy to spot but not a hanging queen? Oh dear.


Back to Top

Post your reply: