10038 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
I've tried to annotate this because there were some pretty glaring mistakes i think i found, i'm just wondering if there are others I made. Figure since I won it should go in this topic. Hope that's OK.
9...Bg7 only serves to clear a path for castling, but9...Bh6+ does the same and gains tempo.white's only playable escapes from check, 10.Kb1 and 10.Nd2, are non-developmental.
will do my best for insights.3. ... a6, normally a tempo lossWhite often plays 4. d4 breaking the centre vs a sicillian, in this game he's locks his white bishop out of play :/
7. Bxf6? Qxf6! White trades his strong bishop for a pinned knightBlack recaptures correctly. 9. 0-0-0 ? Your right, better would be just Rd8 instead of castling into the firing line.
11. ... 0-0Pushing is better, whites centre-breakthrough preparation is inferior to your kingside attack by at least a tempo, if I was white i'd be willing to sacrifice my e-pawn via Rhe1 to stop your momentum.
12. Ng1? (not Rhe1) a5!Black threatens a6 winning the bishop for a pawn (creates a semi-open activating the rook)
13. a4 (is better than a3 for sure)
15-18 white escapes in the wrong direction. Your moves look sound to me.
19. ... Rb4? (Rb6) the reason becomes evident 2 moves later.
20. Nxe2 was better than Nxc2 after 21. Rdb1 (also given that a depth analysis reveals it's a free knight)
21. c3? (lose the bishop or be mated) much better is Rdb1 (but allows you to save your knight)... this is still the preferable move for white, since his bishop is doing a more important job than your knight now.
21. ... Rb6 is better! - (White cannot defend against mate threats / save the bishop & take the e2-knight)
10/22/2014 - E.Bacrot - P.Leko, Elista Grand Prix, 2008
by SOMESH1611 2 minutes ago
Should i use the same opening in every game?
by kleelof 3 minutes ago
Ruy Lopez - what to play as Black?
by BlackChrysler57 7 minutes ago
Weird bug increased my standard rating by 150 points!
by kiloNewton 13 minutes ago
The Myth of Autism and Chess
by Petrosianic 16 minutes ago
Standard Ratings Boost
by tactiquero 18 minutes ago
by GodIike 30 minutes ago
Opening book with good explenation
by Squarely 33 minutes ago
Who's your fav in the Top Ten?
by satlen99 44 minutes ago
How do normal people become 2100 players
by _Number_6 48 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2014 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!