Forums

A Little Windmill

Sort:
batgirl

4. Qf6 is an excellent, and hard-to-find, move that allows the attack to continue without pause.

Sherlock__Holmes

So many problems... I had some with my position and had to change it . I didn't like the new position much, but will post it anyway.

batgirl
AllogenicMan wrote:
batgirl wrote:

4. Qf6 is an excellent, and hard-to-find, move that allows the attack to continue without pause.

Right you are, batgirl! - and if your deceased 'lover', Morphy, hadn't found it for you from within his grave, well[?] - we'd all be lost ... So thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for your insightful comments. Unfortunately they make no sense since the move you comment on wasn't a move found by me or even from a game of mine, but rather a move in a sequence devised by another porter here. However, I'm glad your interested enough to research my interest in Paul Morphy.

batgirl
Sherlock__Holmes wrote:

So many problems... I had some with my position and had to change it . I didn't like the new position much, but will post it anyway.

I like the new position as well as the original.  It seems that, while Black's least favorite line - the one involving giving up both the Queen and the Rook - can be avoided, by avoiding it, Black falls into a windmill which proves more clearly and calculatively decisive (though both lines are losing).  I find it rather interesting. Thanks for the effort.

kco

Thank you whaleeyeman for putting your game in the off topic section.

toto_gorich

Wink