Gashimov Memorial, Round 2 is LIVE and Open to ALL MEMBERS!Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

A Little Windmill

• 17 months ago · Quote · #21

Sherlock__Holmes

Thanks for pointing me the second solution - i will have to think how to make it impossible. The solution i had in mind is :

The move 4.Qf6 is not with check and  i think it makes the solution more difficult.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #22

Sherlock__Holmes

But without the rook  " h1 " mate is impossible so , the whole 3 pawns must be taken .

• 17 months ago · Quote · #23

batgirl

4. Qf6 is an excellent, and hard-to-find, move that allows the attack to continue without pause.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #24

AllogenicMan

batgirl wrote:

4. Qf6 is an excellent, and hard-to-find, move that allows the attack to continue without pause.

Right you are, batgirl! - and if your deceased 'lover', Morphy, hadn't found it for you from within his grave, well[?] - we'd all be lost ... So thanks again for sharing.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #25

Sherlock__Holmes

So many problems... I had some with my position and had to change it . I didn't like the new position much, but will post it anyway.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #26

batgirl

AllogenicMan wrote:
    batgirl wrote:

Right you are, batgirl! - and if your deceased 'lover', Morphy, hadn't found it for you from within his grave, well[?] - we'd all be lost ... So thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for your insightful comments. Unfortunately they make no sense since the move you comment on wasn't a move found by me or even from a game of mine, but rather a move in a sequence devised by another porter here. However, I'm glad your interested enough to research my interest in Paul Morphy.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #27

batgirl

Sherlock__Holmes wrote:

So many problems... I had some with my position and had to change it . I didn't like the new position much, but will post it anyway.

I like the new position as well as the original.  It seems that, while Black's least favorite line - the one involving giving up both the Queen and the Rook - can be avoided, by avoiding it, Black falls into a windmill which proves more clearly and calculatively decisive (though both lines are losing).  I find it rather interesting. Thanks for the effort.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #28

kco

Thank you whaleeyeman for putting your game in the off topic section.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #29

toto_gorich

Wink

Post your reply: