Forums

Beaten By Time again-somebody analyse this for me

Sort:
Tinku_Basumatary

the time control was 10 minute, please give me idea as how to use time, i am worst with it

Tinku_Basumatary
LongIslandMark wrote:

When you post a game we can't see if you spent 10 seconds on a move or two minutes, so I'm not sure how anyone can help with "how to use time" from just seeing the game. Perhaps better players than me? Perhaps if you let us know where, if anywhere, you spent a "long" time thinking about a move? I don't see where you made a lot of pointless moves if that is what you're asking.

From a quick look at the game, it seems your best chance was your pawns on c5 and d5 starting around move 34?

thanks sir, actually my problem is that most of the time i take much time to decide which candidate move should i play, i need advice on how to focus

AndyClifton

move faster!

Tinku_Basumatary

Thanks for the tips and yeah hope for some really useful responses.. Cheers!!

Tinku_Basumatary
LongIslandMark wrote:

Not Blitz advice, but for the game you posted, try 36. Nd4 Rxc5, 37. Rb8+ and I think it is diffucult for Black to get anything better that trading his rook for your Knight - leaving you with R+B v B+B. Your would still need to deal with black's passed pawn - some of the lines work out better than that.

Tongue Out i am playing black sir, you got a misconception

Tinku_Basumatary
LongIslandMark wrote:
Tinku_Basumatary wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:

Not Blitz advice, but for the game you posted, try 36. Nd4 Rxc5, 37. Rb8+ and I think it is diffucult for Black to get anything better that trading his rook for your Knight - leaving you with R+B v B+B. Your would still need to deal with black's passed pawn - some of the lines work out better than that.

i am playing black sir, you got a misconception

LOL! My mistake. (and yes I'm an old guy, but "Mark" is fine - no need for "sir"). Now you've given me a challange - can I find a better line for Black? But even so, you might find the idea instructive. Have you already reviewed this game?

please go ahead and yes i just reviewed roughly, i found somewhere i was lucky enough as the pawns were transforming in monster

Tinku_Basumatary

Yes possibly a win for me if i get few extra minute, like i said i consumed good time in unusual thoughts which i need to work out with or i am going to face problem in future.

Tinku_Basumatary

Thanks mark, stay connected.

ShyamGopal

for a thum rule,play6moves/min

Tinku_Basumatary
ShyamGopal wrote:

for a thum rule,play6moves/min

i have quit playing blitz online, trying for standard, well 60% blitz game lost on time with winning position, this game was against bharat admin muba

Muba26

Hello Tinku same time pressure made me to do mistake!

if i had more time means i too didnt do the mistakes! btw you are not in good position till 38.Rxa4 in this 49 move game! i was a pawn up! 39.Ng4 was good enogh to me but i missed it. so u cant say u are in winning position in all stages of this game, while you lost pawn in the 9th move itself! Tongue Out

if we playing in certain time limit than we have to see our timing also rather than only seeing the board! one who care position & as well as Timing is the winner! Look this game :

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=498857069

i had Rook and Knight + 3 connected pawns but my opponent has nothing in the end time was over in my side so " the game drawn by insufficient material"

Tinku_Basumatary

Muba i didnt said that i was in good position in opening or middlegame but i said i was going to win it in any way, you were a pawn up but i am a PIECE up.. And i also didnt mentioned that you were not in time pressure, i said ''i lost in time as usual and i need analysis for the game''.. :p