Forums

Brutal Bongcloud

Sort:
Gwaihir94

A devastating variation of the Bongcloud.

helltank

2.Ke2, the Indian Gambit, is not really a sound answer to Alekhine's Cloud, but for a beginner it's acceptable.

5.g4 is the Indian Gambit mainline as it hampers Black's thematic f5 advance.

8.g5? loses another pawn for nothing. It was better to avoid moving the king to h4 in the first place and play h4(with a g5 bind), then Nf3(optional), Kh3 and finally g4-g5. 

After some wavering tactical play by both sides(complex but White came out with an advantage in the end) 29.Kg7!! and nothing can stop 30.Kg8 winning the game.

immortalknight

I have never seen anything so retarded in my life.  You think that this actually works? Against who exactly?

farbrortheguru

Nice to learn that the Bongcloud research is alive and well!

helltank

immortalknight, if you don't know how to play the bongcloud then DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE AN EXPERT ON IT. 

mrkint

You seem to have annotated incorrectly. Black played the bongcloud expertly winning with 48...kb1! although white tried his best with the early attack he left his backline exposed - a critical inaccuracy. Therefore, 0-1.

Gwaihir94
immortalknight wrote:

I have never seen anything so retarded in my life.  You think that this actually works? Against who exactly?

This was a real game I played, 1|0 time control. But I'm pretty sure this opening normally doesn't work Wink

I didn't notice Kb1 either...

Uns0undSacrifice

Why not 34. ...Nxf4. Then black is materially even and slightly better :P

shikamaru82

After 34. ... Nxf4, black is still way down materially.  After 35.  Kxf4, black has a bishop to two white rooks, and at most, 2 extra pawns.  +5 at least after the proposed variation.

immortalknight
helltank wrote:

immortalknight, if you don't know how to play the bongcloud then DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE AN EXPERT ON IT. 

It does not take an expert on the 'bongcloud' to work out that the opening is completely unsound and is sure to lead to a quick loss against any player worth his salt.

BruceJuice

White lasted a long time!

immortalknight
Gwaihir94 wrote:
immortalknight wrote:

This was a real game I played, 1|0 time control. But I'm pretty sure this opening normally doesn't work

I didn't notice Kb1 either...

Ah right, a 1 minute game explains it then. Any quick trick to win. All in good fun though. Good luck in your future exploits

immortalknight
helltank wrote:

After some wavering tactical play by both sides(complex but White came out with an advantage in the end) 29.Kg7!! and nothing can stop 30.Kg8 winning the game.

As much as I would have liked to address each of your points in turn, the above really stands out...

How in the world does Kg8 win the game? First, the game is already won with a massive material advantage. Secondly, there is no advantage, getting your King to the end of the board does not mean you can promote it to a Queen, which I assume must be your thinking, as there is no other logical explanation for your 'amazing' advice.

mrkint

immortalknight, you trolling, man?

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/ultimate-guide-to-bongcloud-opening