Forums

Can u mate with four Qs ?

Sort:
yullian

credit must be given to my lovely opponent to allowed this happen.

mzirino

Thanks, I've never had a chess game crack me up before...  Hilarious.

SkalaAslan

Yes, that definitely is a game to make a person smile. 

Susi1117

Hahaha,,,,lucu juga end gamenya bung, itu 4 ratu menari-nari menghibur raja putih sebelum dibawa ke chember Tongue outLaughing

boymaster

i can definitely say that White is just a beginner. 7.Neg5 is just a big blunder. it cant do anything there.

yullian

@Susanti, tapi saya baek kan nggak makan Bishop nya

We had a nice chat through the games and surely my opponent also 'enjoy' the fun.

Eebster

How could white possibly be rated 1662?

Games like this confuse me.

essnov

cool

yullian

since my opponent did not push resign button, this was the thing come to my mind, instead of finding mate in 3 pattern.

Eebster

But moves like 9. d4?? and 20. Rxc6?? should never happen for anybody over 1000.

Not to say you didn't miss some moves yourself, like 18. Bxg2 and 22... Bxf3.

mottsauce

i agree with tonydal: what's the appeal of queening all those pawns?  to me, queening all four pawns is in poor taste.

marvellosity

Ya, silly waste of time. 35...Qxf3#

Eebster
marvellosity wrote:

35... Qxf3+ 36. Kd3.

Loomis

And you only mated with 3 of the queens. Next time, make sure you use all the queens in your mate, otherwise it just looks like you don't know what you're doing.

essnov

i kame here for the four queen mate. i am leaving sorely disappointed. Woe.

you could argue he is only using 2 queens, because the control of h7 by the b1 queen is redundant.

marvellosity
Eebster wrote:
marvellosity wrote:

35... Qxf3+ 36. Kd3.

Haha. Oops. My blitz rating dropped 100 points yesterday, you know. Some real strokes of genius (other than seeing non-existent mates) - my opponent: ...Nb4. Me: Qd3. Opponent: ...Nxd3. Me: Sigh.

Loomis
essnov wrote:

you could argue he is only using 2 queens, because the control of h7 by the b1 queen is redundant.

You could argue that he used 3 queens because the queen on the f-file forced the king to the h-file. But anyone who argues about stuff like this is kind of silly.

Eebster

The one thing you cannot argue he was using was his head.