GargleBlaster

Bravo!

Immoney5252

Very nice sir!!!

MSC157

Even human are chess gods! Excellent!

chesskingdreamer

Master_Po

Il a sous-estimé son adversaire sournois. Peut-être vous devriez être 2400 évalués.

Congratulation!  

VLaurenT

@chesskingdreamer - thanks for the tip : I'll try and make sense of Houdini's analysis Smile

learningthemoves

This is the first time I've seen this thread with your game and annotations. Made my chess day. Amazing. Like another poster said, I can only hope to play like that one day. Thanks for sharing it with the community.

TigerGenov
[COMMENT DELETED]
MSC157

A bit late to this - but that was an awesome game! Love the annotations. Smile

Elubas

Yup. It does seem like you have to get a stronger player into a position where they have an awkward defensive task, like here. Perhaps most of the time they'll find their way out of it anyway, but you can make them more vulnerable than usual if you play a daring sac and ask them to find the houdini refutation :)

I should probably go over this game again because it's instructive and it's still interesting to see the psychology of a game like this. But yeah it's probably one of those games that singlehandedly makes chess worthwhile, if you're on the winning side.

Elubas
chesskingdreamer wrote:

I like how the menus in this GUI look like a copy of microsoft word :)

TheAdultProdigy
hicetnunc wrote:

Well, it's not everyday you have the opportunity to play a GM in a regular tournament. Last time it happened to me was about five years ago, and GM Jaacob Murey didn't use more than 12 minutes on his clock to sweep me off the board.

This time, I was facing another of these mighty opponents in the 8th round of a 9-rounder in a relaxed mood : I had already played a strong tournament and beyond the results, I was quite happy with my play. Obviously, being fresh and sleeping at night (thank you my beloved children !) + a healthy and regular dose of daily tactics training helped a lot.

I did prepare for this game, because I didn't want to blow it too early. And I was very surprised to find that my opponent was playing almost always the same quiet stuff, whoever he was playing against. I was still expecting some sharp stuff, so I worked on some tactical lines, knowing it was more to improve my confidence than anything else. After all, this guy was playing 30 tournament games every two months - that's what I barely manage to play in 18 months these days...

An inspiring victory.