Forums

I beat Chess Titans Level 10

Sort:
shuttlechess92

I beat chess titans level 10.  gosh I"m so happy. enjoy!

gxtmf1

Who/what is Chess Titans 10?

NCKChess

What a coincidence, I just did the same thing a few minutes ago!!  Congrats!!  Smile

immortalgamer

I've beat that program in 13 moves.  It has some simple flaws to exploit...GG though. 

sstteevveenn

Nice one.  I struggle to even see the pieces properly in chess titans. 

shuttlechess92

immortal - 13 moves? are you sure it was level 10? let me see the game! =P

immortalgamer

Yep highest level...

Here is one example:  The Key seems to be in the h pawn push.  For some reason Chess Titans doesn't register the threat of opening up the h file?  Not sure why.  Also here is a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsCJwJ85pw someone doing it a different way but still using the open h file

shuttlechess92

weirdest move order ever lol. Qd2?!

but that won. good job immortal!

immortalgamer

Yeah...I'd read about the flaw in the program.  If you play the program straight up like you did it is much harder.  My game is more of a trick than quality play.

This is how I play for real :)

1. e4 e5 2. f4 Nc6 3. Nf3 exf4 4. Bc4 Bc5 5. c3 Nf6 6. d4 Be7 7. O-O O-O 8.
e5 Ng4 9. h3 Nh6 10. Bxf4 d5 11. Bd3 Bf5 12. Bxh6 Bxd3 13. Qxd3 gxh6 14.
Nh2 Qd7 15. Ng4 Bg5 16. Qg3 Ne7 17. Nxh6+ Kg7 18. Qxg5+ Ng6 19. Nf5+ Kh8
20. Qf6+ Kg8 21. Qg7#
1-0

shuttlechess92

yeah, that's more like it. the classic "gradually increasing your advantage" style that your playing style illuminates. also a good game!

Nelso_125

I find that Chess Titans on Level 10 takes too long to make a move!

turn

Have you noticed that in Chess Tiatns, the system only has a few openings registered in its "brain"? For example, how many different openings do you see Black as the computer play after......say, 1.d4? Only a few!

Yes, we humans also adopt only maybe 2-5, 6-10 or for the extreme, 11-30 different openings to play for our game of chess. I mean, it is rare to see one person play a very huge variety of openings (e.g.35) against chessplayers. We normally play favourites.

However, the computer IS a computer, and in my opinion, the brains behind Chess Titans should register almost every opening known into its system so it has more accurate play in the opening.

What do you think?

wealybinn

Chess titans is such a rubbish program! It has no theory and I can beat it any day. (Fritz helps me along the way of course BUT anyway!) It doesn't make realistic day-to-day moves. (if you know what I mean). Your opponents would never play those moves. Your better off just playing Fritz or Rybka) They will show you the right moves to make and how to improve NOT these rubbish WINDOWS programs like Chess Titans!

LoneWolfEburg

"It has no theory and I can beat it any day. (Fritz helps me along the way of course BUT anyway!) "

lol.

king_warrior

I have seen both of your games, this ,,chess titans'' must have rating about 1700 or less...

shuttlechess92

the reason that chess titans only has a couple openings is because 1. it's free and 2. it's stupid.

if it could memorize as much into an opening as possible, it could avoid going out of theory, and hence make it easy on itself. The problem with this is that if you just "play chess" against it, if your skill is better than his insight, then you win easily.

being a free program, the programmers did not make its skill very high.

shuttlechess92

beautiful!

Johnnmillerr

Yep, I just beat it and searched google to find its rating; that's how I got here.  I still haven't beaten it without takebacks since I still tend to make the occasional blunder and unnecessarily loose points.  Sometimes I simply see a way I could have made a better move and takeback.  Still, I'm taking less takebacks every time I beat it (now on adverage it's 2 or 3.)

I have no shame in using the takeback feature.  It let's me practice agaist a challenging opponent and practice my end game at the same time!

ashusa8
he is also a copy mover
PrawnEatsPrawn

Well done shuttlechess, good result.