Forums

Miss Me, Your Majesty?

Sort:
mrxpibb

For those of you who think bishops are worth more than knights.

Enjoy

lperfectionistl

hahaha solid.

xMenace
mrxpibb wrote:

For those of you who think bishops are worth more than knights.

They are. But two knights beat a lone bishop any day. Your opponent should have resigned long ago Wink

mrxpibb

Stop hating.

mrxpibb

So why did you post?

mrxpibb

It's a jovial topic, not really making a statement, just having fun with the fact that my knights were pretty amazing

Ray_Brooks

Great knights, and well played for 1238! Smile

mrxpibb

It's a blitz, in long I'm ~1400, I don't play very many blitzes

Sconsc

WOW 2 pieces are better then one AMAZING

Olimar

two pawns are not better than a queen, unless its a rediculous situation :D

Sconsc

Is that similar to a ridiculous situation? Oh and pawns are not pieces.

WOW 2 minor pieces are better then one AMAZING! (better?)

mrxpibb

I wasn't really stating that knights were better than bishops, I was saying that as a joke because my knights were amazing.

I was NOT in any means saying that his bishops...bishop, was an example of that.  No, my knights were just dominant, so much that they were better than two rooks.

heavyop

I personally liked how active your knights were and how well you were able to use them effectively and find the gaps in his defenses

Sconsc

And I was just saying your knights were amazing only because your opponent blundered badly and lost a piece.

Grandmasta44
Olimar wrote:

two pawns are not better than a queen, unless its a rediculous situation :D

A situation like this ?

mrxpibb
Sconsc wrote:

And I was just saying your knights were amazing only because your opponent blundered badly and lost a piece.

Well, I fail to see your argument when my two knights were literally better than both his rooks COMBINED

Rael

It was a cool, well played game Stephen. I love it when you get your knights close to the king and they're able to do nifty maneuvers, cutting around the pawns, checking the king and it's impossible to block them. Some people are being a mite hard on you when it was clearly a win that thrilled you - and rightly so, I bet it felt really great to cut at the enemy king with your calvary like that.

Some people forget at the end of the day that chess is a blast of a game. They get caught up in this narrow, nasty intensity about it (once upon a time this energy served them such that it increased their ability, so they kept feeding it) but that I think kindof spoils some of the perspective about early fun.

Make no mistake - just because you're rated around 1200 doesn't mean that you enjoy the game less than the rest of us. Your knights danced and it lead to a win. Good work, Xpibb. It actually reminded me of one of my wins that I'm now itching to post, haha.

Check out the game of mine that KurtGodden featured in one of his blogs, wherein I execute a mating net with knights. I was rated like 1230 at the time, so this is a while back, but I just went and glanced at it, and it's still fun.

http://blog.chess.com/kurtgodden/chesscom-brilliancies