Forums

Mutual Trapping

Sort:
Natural_Player

This position simulates an interesting scene: 
attacking each other and made a deadly trap from both sides (Queen Sacrifice). Do you agree with my claims ?

Escapest_Pawn

getting your bishop to a8 merits explanation. 32...Rxg2 seems a clear kill.

I confess, I don't really understand what you are claiming.  Some sort of queen sacs on both sides??

Natural_Player
Escapest_Pawn wrote:

getting your bishop to a8 merits explanation. 32...Rxg2 seems a clear kill.

I confess, I don't really understand what you are claiming.  Some sort of queen sacs on both sides??

Bishop on a8 square? Which one do you mean ?

Queen Sacrifice, namely :

White: 33 ..... Nxd3 34.Rxa6
(white sacrificed his queen for checkmate threat on a8)

Black: 34. Qxh2 ...
(black sacrificed his queen to force checkmate) 

Escapest_Pawn

Perhaps a computer glitch, but there was a pawn on b7 making the bishop on a8 impossible.

Without the pawn, 34...Bb7 gives black and extra move to answer threat and 35 Qa4 is probably his best leaving your ...Qxh2+ threat in tact.

It is a clever sac, but most players would not call white's leaving his queen hanging by creating a mate threat to be a queen sac.

Clever ending, but 32 ...Rxg2 is quicker and simpler.

Natural_Player
Escapest_Pawn wrote:

Perhaps a computer glitch, but there was a pawn on b7 making the bishop on a8 impossible.

Without the pawn, 34...Bb7 gives black and extra move to answer threat and 35 Qa4 is probably his best leaving your ...Qxh2+ threat in tact.

It is a clever sac, but most players would not call white's leaving his queen hanging by creating a mate threat to be a queen sac.

Clever ending, but 32 ...Rxg2 is quicker and simpler.

Yes, I do agree! 
However, White has made a blunder in advance. He should move 32. Kg1. It seems to be great.