10518 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
more pointless trolling by tacticasymphony, that guy needs less time. i thought it was a great game too btw
anything i could improve maybe?
Blitz is ok when you training openings. A little bit of blitz is ok but too much will ruining the way you think.
i think your manners could use some "touch up work"
A great game as you have been told, but no one has suggested anything yet so i will try haha. These are some ideas i had when looking over the game
3. i like d6 i bit better here to get the other bishop out. the bishop on g4 isnt super strong. mind you there is no great square for the light square biship i was already thinking of b6 followed by Ba6 after he castles. Also i like c5 after he pushes d4, assuming you have d6 pushed. But this is all opening preference.
12. I think i would have gone Bb5 but it wouldnt matter, Ba6 is fine
15. maybe Bb4 and get pressure on that knight and getting your knight into the game on c5.
16. what about f5 immediatly? if he takes e.p. then rook takes and f2 falls
Not sure what you mean by 3. ...d6. I already played 2. ...d5.
12. If Bb5 I was worried about Nc3 hitting it again. Ba6 seems more natural to me.
15. I think just grabbing the free pawn leaves me with a good advantage. Bb4?! leads to somewhere around equality since the pressure on f2 is released and White can either defend the c4 pawn or trade it off.
16. f5? exf6 e.p.(opening the diagonal of the fianchettoed bishop) and if
Rxf6?? (the line you gave me) Bxf6, winning the exchange and the game.
Or maybe you mean putting the bishop on d6?
sorry i meant 3. e6
12. yeah that makes sense, looks more awkward then it is
15. yeah i was looking to get another piece against his knight, but that looks like it will not be practical.
16. maybe take with knight to threaten a discovery with the rook
(i was doing it in class hence the mistakes haha)
You mean "is more awkward than it looks?"
I agree, if exf6? e.p. then ...Nxf6 is strong. A discovery would be pretty crushing.
I like f6 because it pries open the f-file. ...f5? and the bishop on Be4 can retreat with a good game for black, but not winning.
I think f6 wins, but you can analyse the position yourself.
Thanks for the feedback.
no it looks awkward but it is acually fine haha
Yeah, either looks good
For people with poor and really irritating net speeds
by xwarriour a few minutes ago
Other words/sentence for Checkmate could be ... ?
by Tripp_H 3 minutes ago
R.I.P Morgan Freeman
by winerkleiner 3 minutes ago
How many knight + bishop endgame mates have actually happened in your games ?
by Ziryab 5 minutes ago
Alekhine's Defense Brilliancy - destroyed a guy in only 7 moves :O
by Fixing_A_Hole 6 minutes ago
Chess is Hard
by NomadicKnight 8 minutes ago
1st choice in a Chess Program @Amazon
by baddogno 9 minutes ago
Understanding Bobby Fischer – Part 1 : The Early Years.
by 42FlamingZombies 9 minutes ago
2013 North American Open
by Petrosan1 10 minutes ago
Anyone Played 1000 Games?
by ImNotaFish 11 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!