Forums

My Opponent Called Me a COWARD!!

Sort:
jason17

And he is right Wink

He was thrashing me in a crappy 5 minute Ruy Lopez game and then I luckily got him on a 3 fold repetition.

You probably didn't enjoy this because this is some really bad chess. He said I was a coward, and I told him not only am I a coward but I don't have any skill either. He outplayed me, no doubt. I am slightly curious what somebody would do against that Queen move though, I am not totally sure what I should have doen differently Embarassed

Noobiest

Lol, good way to sneak from the dead grasp of Death's greedy fingers! Well, your opponent can't quite complain, once his play allowed your repetition (he was probably angry at himself deep down, for allowing it to happen). Speaking about allowing, what about 7. ...Bh3? You got lucky this time, but letting such moves go in will more oft than not leave  a bitter taste in your mouth.

DeepGreene

The problem is.. at the point you said you feared imminent checkmate, you had really already won the game...

For instance, 17. Nd5! Rd7 18. Qa6+ Kb8 19. Ra3 c6 20. Rb3+ Rb7 21. Qxb7#

Maybe you have a fear of success!  :D

mrguy888

That isn't being a coward. He left his king undefended. You didn't swindle him out of a win, you capitalized on his mistakes. It is the same as picking up a dropped piece or finding a tactic that your opponent missed. You saw things he did not and you earned the draw.

_HuRRiiCaNe_

LMAO they are both rated in the 1300s

mateologist
RoseQueen1985 wrote:

first off drawing a game by three fold rep is not cowardice, it's a legit tactic and it's legal. While it sucks to have somone do this to you when you are winning, it's up to you not to allow perpetuals when you are winning. With some thought, 9/10 times you can prevent a perpetual check before allowing it.

Second, your oppoent is stupid for castling queenside and you could have done a lot more than settling for a draw. BTW, you punish (or try to punish) and early QF6 with NC3, threatning Nd5, attacking the queen and c7. Also your opponent could have easily scaped the perputal check by playing c6!, after you have no useful checks. After Qb7+, he could just play Ke8 avoiding any further checks.

Also, grow a pair of balls and don't call yourself a coward, I'm a female and I have more testosterone than you. How can you even say that about yourself? deep childhood self-steem issues right?

For the next time don't allow the Qg6-Bh3 manuver, luckily for you, you played Re1 but since you never saw it, it could have easily cost you the rook. Also, once g3 is played, with no light squared bishop to cover the holes, your king becomes extremely unsafe.

WELL SAID !! Cool

goofballdork

Jason he should have called you "babycakes" for missing the devastating crush given by deepgreene. ;0)

jason17
DeepGreene wrote:

The problem is.. at the point you said you feared imminent checkmate, you had really already won the game...

For instance, 17. Nd5! Rd7 18. Qa6+ Kb8 19. Ra3 c6 20. Rb3+ Rb7 21. Qxb7#

Maybe you have a fear of success!  :D

Haha. Thanks for the line. That would be the way to do it.

I don't have a fear of success, I just have a deep appreciation for the suffering involved with not winning Laughing One of those Russian writers says that beauty can only come from suffering so I must be pretty beautiful by now after all my losses Wink

jason17
RoseQueen1985 wrote:

Also, grow a pair of balls and don't call yourself a coward, I'm a female and I have more testosterone than you. How can you even say that about yourself? deep childhood self-steem issues right?

As a matter of fact when I was 6 years old I lived in a neighborhood where there were at least 4 or 5 girls that were my age and I always lost bike races to them in the street. I went crying to my mommy and asked why I kept losing and she said, "it's okay honey, you just have a smaller bike, its not because you are slow, it's because they get more out of every revolution of the bike wheel." It softened the blow a little bit, but the sense of emasculation still lingers over me to this day.

Thanks for bringing up a sore subject Cry

Oh, and maybe you should lay off the 'roids. They aren't healthy Laughing

Edit: For some terrible misspellings (there still could be some lurking though)

Bur_Oak

One of my favorite bits of dialogue from a movie:

A: "I'm calling you a coward."

B: "You'll get tired of it."

oinquarki
RoseQueen1985 wrote:

jason17
Bur_Oak wrote:

One of my favorite bits of dialogue from a movie:

A: "I'm calling you a coward."

B: "You'll get tired of it."

+1

Goofballdork wrote: Jason he should have called you "babycakes" for missing the devastating crush given by deepgreene. ;0)

Haha Laughing

d4e4

How about if, instead of at move 10...a6, you might have done a6 much earlier and prevented the "crappy" Ruy pin in the first place?

jason17
d4e4 wrote:

How about if, instead of at move 10...a6, you might have done a6 much earlier and prevented the "crappy" Ruy pin in the first place?

I'm not sure that I quite follow you...

But what I should really do is stop playing blitz and go study some tactics Tongue out

Conquistador
RoseQueen1985 wrote:
Also, grow a pair of balls and don't call yourself a coward, I'm a female and I have more testosterone than you.

Has your batting average improved? 

jason17
AnthonyCG wrote:
LisaV wrote:

So...anybody, what's a good way to prevent the nastiness of white's Qg6 & Bh3?

I was thinking either 4.d3 or 4.d4.  Thoughts?  Other ideas?

Well I like 5.Nc3 preparing that Nd5 that rosequeen mentioned. After Qg6 only the Black king can stop it. 

After Qg6 Bh3 isn't so bad since the rook has moved and White can just play g3. But if White doesn't manage some counterplay in the center then he could lose to this cheap attack. I would say that 6.d3 is actually a mistake for that reason. If the center is dead then Black can hack away at the White king for free.

White needs to play 6.d4 and get active.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. In retrospect the e4-d3-c3 pawn structure that I was going for initially is foolish in light of where the queen was. I should have got off autopilot and played more active. Thanks again for the advice.

d4e4

I've just got to promise myself not to look at games like this one (post #1) anymore.

They make me sea sick.

Conquistador

Only amateurs get sea sick.

SignifyLight

I thought this was good but what do I know I'm only 1200-1300...

18.Nd5...g6  19.Qb5+...Kc8  20.Nxe7#

mrguy888
Conquistador wrote:

Only amateurs get sea sick.

He isn't even on an amateur level. Amateurs play.