Forums

My Opponent Called Me a COWARD!!

Sort:
jason17
d4e4 wrote:

I've just got to promise myself not to look at games like this one (post #1) anymore.

They make me sea sick.

I said before the game started that it was "crappy 5 min chess" so you were warned Laughing

SignifyLight

Is my line wrong ?

mrguy888
SignifyLight wrote:

Is my line wrong ?

The best line was given in an earlier post. You don't have the best defence for black in your line.

d4e4

Well, there are many who want to see me play...but no one is ponying up

any big money for the event. Talk is cheap.

SignifyLight
mrguy888 wrote:
SignifyLight wrote:

Is my line wrong ?

The best line was given in an earlier post. You don't have the best defence for black in your line.

The earlier post is a response by the 17th move, blacks move would be assumptionally given at that level not thinking towards his own defense but rather on his attack preparing for f5

jason17
d4e4 wrote:

Well, there are many who want to see me play...but no one is ponying up

any big money for the event. Talk is cheap.

I'll wager you a nice big Chess.com trophy over a correspondence game Laughing. I'll even post the game and poorly annotate you demolishing me.

I'm obviously a patzasauros rex in CC but I'm less crappy at that than blitz, so how about you wipe the floor with my amateur butt? Smile I'm willing to do any time control you want :)

d4e4
[COMMENT DELETED]
Conquistador

I need my over the board games to be at least 1 1/2-2 hours for 40 moves with a sudden death of an additional hour.  I cannot stand quick 60 minute games.  A six hour game is a well fought game.

jason17
Conquistador wrote:

I need my over the board games to be at least 1 1/2-2 hours for 40 moves with a sudden death of an additional hour.  I cannot stand quick 60 minute games.  A six hour game is a well fought game.

It's hard to disagree with that notion. Once you get a taste of delicious OTB long tournament chess it makes everything else pale by comparison.

@d4e4 I respect your position and thank you for your consideration of the offer SmileI agree that internet chess is vastly inferior, but sometimes it's hard to get my fix in between the very occasional otb ventures that I run into.

Edited for name misspelling Embarassed

anggara29

@ jason, u really2 can win,, em... u are fans of tigran petrosian n alex grischuk Laughing

jason17
Fleishkoph wrote:

So instead of addressing this issue directly with the opponent who called you a coward you came to the forums to complain?

Fascinating.

I am not complaining at all. I am more than happy to admit the truth Laughing. I addressed it with my opponent after the game and made sure to tell him that he was absolutely correct in his prognosis of my actions.