Forums

My quickest over the board win against a 2000+ player.

Sort:
2200ismygoal

This game was played on regular Thursday otb slow tournament.  Time control was 90+30 @ 40 = 30+30.

I was playing white, my friend Dante rated 2064.

reincarnationofchess

Not too impressive; your opponent played like an idiot, especially considering the time control. Don't be too impressed with yourself.

Still, good job punishing your opp's mistakes.

pai64

Nice game mate! I was just lying on my bed flicking through the moves when I saw 11. Qxd7 and my eyes just raised up. But then I saw Ne5+ almost instantly. I wouldn't say it was a great game but a pretty one :)

Moumen_Med

nice game ! Smile

JGambit
reincarnationofchess wrote:

Not too impressive; your opponent played like an idiot, especially considering the time control. Don't be too impressed with yourself.

Still, good job punishing your opp's mistakes.

I think you played great, not everyone is able to punish play like that so quickly

Yaroslavl

Your friend Dante was an expert at 2064 USCF.  He has been diagnosed with brain damage.  No expert I know plays  the Caro-Kann from the  Black side the way he did in this game unless he has brain damage.  Or he just let you win this game. Or he is sandbagging for an important upcoming OTB tournament like a state championship.

PashPines

Loved your last Queen move!!

gingerninja2003

he's only a minor piece down. i would play on to attempt a draw. you have pretty much won the game. interesting to look at.

dpnorman

Canadian ratings are...um...interesting wink.png

WeakChessPlayedSlow
PashPines wrote:

Loved your last Queen move!!

Why did you post on an almost 3 year old thread? lol

AussieMatey

Describing that slow tempo game, I'd say 'Andante Andante'.

solskytz

A beautiful game. It's a comment on the human level of some posters here, that certain happy or enthusiastic posts seem to immediately attract a tidal wave of totally unwarranted negativity. 

Yes - I know that this thread is from 2014. Did things really change that much in those three years?